Extreme ways to cool down laptop (Overheating problems)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b146

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
If you are a cheapskate like me this article may help. This article will introduce ways in which you can prevent or fix an overheating laptop and thus improve the performance and extend the lifespan of your laptop without spending any extra money. I hope this shows how to stop your laptop from overheating. http://www.theseblogs.com/A9ZjG

Justkeeplookin

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
You want extreme? Buy a glass tank big enough for your laptop. Fill it with mineral oil. Then buy a Water Cooler pump Connect to a radiator like a normal Water Cooling system, make sure you have a circulation system. Then put your laptop in there if you have any extra keyboards or mouse attach it to laptop so now they will be out of the Tank. Why you ask? Oil is actually a conductor so it wont shock your system you should be able to get stable temps as it will take in the heat. It can touch your motherboard and other electronical stuff without any shock so basicly instead of having tubes that circulate water the oil is in direct contact so therefore better heat transfer Still don't trust me? Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiqKycb7uh4 or look it up. If you go with this make sure you know what your doing good luck :D

aliahmadboth

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
The best solution is to keep your laptop on a plane table rather then on bed or other smooth surfaces
thanks, it really works

RJSekar

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
I know this is a damn old post, but i have a solution that works for most of you guys ...

My laptop is an 6 year oldy running on i3 processor, about a month i got the same problem like you, over heating ... cant use my lapy more than 30 mins ... I tried everything as posted above and all ... But there is one sneaky thing u guys all missed ...

"Power IC" - most of the oldies have week IC's due to aging as u guys all know ... The laptop running on old batteries or drained batteries for a longtime weakens the IC's, which directly affects the power maintenance between the cpu,gpu,fans nd components causes the overheating ... Just replace the IC then everything is fine ... it costs me around 1k INR ...

Now everything is running smooth for me :) ... I Hope this helps ur problems too... Have FUN :D

Status
Not open for further replies.