F1 Designer Debuts Ultra-Efficient One-Seater

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Could that thing possibly be safe at 80mph? What happens if you lose a tire or get side swiped by a dunderhead in a SUV? I would love for small cars to be the norm but it's just such a fantasy right now with the "bigger is better" attitude the world has.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
How crash-worthy is it? Is it prone to tipping? Can it handle wind? It probably makes more sense than a motorcycle, but only if it is reasonably safe.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Could that thing possibly be safe at 80mph? What happens if you lose a tire or get side swiped by a dunderhead in a SUV?[/citation]
Likely the same thing that happens to you if you're on a motorcycle. That said, I have no real concerns riding a motorcycle on an interstate at 80, you just have to be more attentive than the other guy and be mindful of driver's blind spots.
[citation]I would love for small cars to be the norm but it's just such a fantasy right now with the "bigger is better" attitude the world has.[/citation]
That'll likely change when gas is 5 or 6+ $ a gallon.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
2 problems I find. The company does not want to release 0~60 times. Its also made by the British, and lets face it the British are not adept at some methods of building.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]2 problems I find. The company does not want to release 0~60 times. Its also made by the British, and lets face it the British are not adept at some methods of building.[/citation]
I find that someonewhat ironic coming from an American.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Likely the same thing that happens to you if you're on a motorcycle. [/citation]

Never mind that, likely the same thing that happens when you're in an SUV or car yourself. People ask that question all the time, but I've seen pretty horrific results of what can happen in those situations with people in 'normal' cars.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]Actually you should take a look at youtube and look up some of the video's of them crashing the "Smart Car" into a concrete barrier at like 70 MPH. Not only could you open both doors but the driver's side window did not even shatter. Size does not always matter.[/citation]
I'm more concerned about what happens when a Hummer crashes into a concrete barrier, with a smartcar or this between the two. Or the kind of whiplash you'll get in a head-on collision with a normal-sized car when you go from 40mph to -39mph (of course it's not that extreme, but you get my point)

Status
Not open for further replies.