Facebook During Worktime Could Result in Criminal Charges

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]kyzarvs[/nom]So, as an employer I should pay you £40, £50, £60 an hour to update your status on FB?Sorry, no. Everyone in my organisation has signed an IT policy that agrees social networking access, other than out of hours and at lunchtime (when we open the firewall up automatically) is a disciplinary offense, no matter how it is achieved. You choose FB over working, I choose not to pay you.[/citation]

You missed the point on this one. One could even argue, reading Toms Hardware a 'waste' of time. The point is that using facebook at work, no matter how much we want it to be, cannot be considered a federal crime. Is it a blatant waste of time, hell yes. Should the government punish you for it? Ummm.... No.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]kyzarvs[/nom]So, as an employer I should pay you £40, £50, £60 an hour to update your status on FB?Sorry, no. Everyone in my organisation has signed an IT policy that agrees social networking access, other than out of hours and at lunchtime (when we open the firewall up automatically) is a disciplinary offense, no matter how it is achieved. You choose FB over working, I choose not to pay you.[/citation]Way to totally miss what the article is talking about. This has nothing to do with the employer disciplining employees for using Facebook on the clock.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I use Facebook and play games on my phone from start to finish of my shift. No one wants to work in a 24 / 7 crap hole that doesn't even close on Christmas, we work by our selves and get our crap done, and we have no breaks or lunch break for 8 - 12 hours standing on our feet on concrete. Bosses know we do as hell, besides them seeing us do it, we are on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.