Facebook Employees Cashing In Millions of $

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]How does facebook make so much money?[/citation]
They sell your personal info to advertisers for many American dollars.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]They sell your personal info to advertisers for many American dollars.[/citation]
How does Google make so much money?

Same way adverts pay money how do you think tv that isn't like hbo works? If i was facebook stock holder i would sell out with in the year i doubt it will stay as powerful as it is for another year. It's the trend in all these things like friendster xanga myspace etc.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]They sell your personal info to advertisers for many American dollars.[/citation]

Not quite true. They use your information to give you targeted adverts. They don't give advertisers direct copies of all that you put on your wall but advertisers can pay Facebook to show their adverts to, for example, people who have the interest "cats" or "overclocking" on their Facebook page. Hence why, if you have both interests, you may get an advert for a phase change cooled perpetual motion device composed of a cat with a buttered sandwich strapped to its back.

lumpoco

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Facebook doesn't sell your personal info to makes large sums of money. In fact, most social networking sites are broke. The only reason Facebook is getting alot of interest is the potential that it presents once people figure out how to make money running sites that cater to immature and non productive members of society. Also, as someone has already said, Facebook will die soon so why the big fuss?

G

Where do you get these "Facts" from that "most social networking sites are broke" ???

Any high-traffic, targeted online advertising can be VERY profitable. Think of it as TV ads for kids being put on kids shows during the hours they're home from school. What Facebook, Myspace etc. do is even more refined and targeted than that.

I think Facebook will be around for many years to come. They're at the point where other social networking sites have gone through ups and downs and they've learned from all of that, and they're continuing to add in new features and applications to keep it fresh (and fun I'm sure some would say).

I'd only sell enough as an employee to buy a new car, pay off the house, or get the cash to lock up in an education fund for the kids (if I had any!). The rest I'd let cook for a while longer :)

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]lumpoco[/nom]The only reason Facebook is getting alot of interest is the potential that it presents once people figure out how to make money running sites that cater to immature and non productive members of society.[/citation]

If those members are so unproductive, how can they be buying products? That would actually make them productive in the end.

The irony must of been too much for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.