Facebook, Google Joining Alliance To Stop Bad Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for reducing malware but these are major players coming together in a concerted effort to filter the internet.

Is it good? Is it bad?

Too early to tell but it does worry me a little.

/tinfoilhat

ibboard

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]Don't get me wrong, I'm all for reducing malware but these are major players coming together in a concerted effort to filter the internet.Is it good? Is it bad?Too early to tell but it does worry me a little./tinfoilhat[/citation]
But if they're coming together in order to filter the adverts, is that a problem? They can censor every advert (or none) for all I care!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i like counterfeit stuff, so long as i know its counterfeit though.[/citation]
There is a little difference between a Ram chip that says Simsing and has a logo similar to Samsung but distinguishable, and those who you cannot tell, faking 3d logos and the consumer having to keep up to date with minor differences in logo evolution, double check everything, and buy to physical shops.
The former are trying to get some sales from the similarity in brands. The later are crocks.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/samsung_fake_hdd_2.jpg

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]There is a little difference between a Ram chip that says Simsing and has a logo similar to Samsung but distinguishable, and those who you cannot tell, faking 3d logos and the consumer having to keep up to date with minor differences in logo evolution, double check everything, and buy to physical shops.The former are trying to get some sales from the similarity in brands. The later are crocks.[/citation]

there was this u2 ipod a while ago... here this is the video
watch?v=BtSrPRBCGnM
i dont know how strict this site is with url, but i assume you know what to do with this.
go to half way through.
the only thing bad in these things are really the battery and if you know how, its not to hard to replace them with something better.

G

I hope it will stop those fking "Penis Enlargement" ads on Gmail accounts

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Sam196[/nom]I hope it will stop those fking "Penis Enlargement" ads on Gmail accounts[/citation]
Google is just tailoring them based on your email content. Do you frequently talk about your small penis?

/jk

Tesla1483

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Hopefully this will mean an end to those retarded ads that promise to tell of a "weird trick" to...lower your car insurance, look 20 years younger, get instant six-pack abs, etc. Does anyone actually click on those? Or any internet banner ads for that matter? I use adblock plus on my computers at home, but at work I can't have that installed for technical reasons, and I'm getting pretty sick of seeing that crappy animated gif of the lady dancing because she was pre-approved on the internet for a loan.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Tesla1483[/nom]Hopefully this will mean an end to those retarded ads that promise to tell of a "weird trick" to...lower your car insurance, look 20 years younger, get instant six-pack abs, etc. Does anyone actually click on those? Or any internet banner ads for that matter? I use adblock plus on my computers at home, but at work I can't have that installed for technical reasons, and I'm getting pretty sick of seeing that crappy animated gif of the lady dancing because she was pre-approved on the internet for a loan.[/citation]Lately: E-Cigarettes Exposed, Weird Loophole in x, and Mom makes Botox Doctors Furious. It's amusing that you can go to another part of the country and the Mom would look the same

G

As long as you are paying, Fakebook are more than happy to take your cash. Due diligence doesn't seem to count when money is involved. Just this evening I have been bombarded with ads from various different companies promoting very cheap Uggs all pointing to the Chinese based website http://london-uggaustralia.com which I duly reported to Facebook only to get their 'not really interested' standard reply. Charter member my arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS