Facebook, Google Users Threatened by New Security Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
"Given the trust users put in Facebook and other major OAuth providers..."

Seriously, it was all I could do to keep from ROTF. Trust? For Facebook?!? The only time I use my Facebook login...is to log into Facebook. Just like I use my Yahoo login for Yahoo, or my Tom's Hardware login for Tom's Hardware.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Could someone please tell me why having a lock everyone has the plans to a good idea(as essentially that is what an open source security protocol amounts to)? No one is even going to fix it because its apparently no one's code, if it was proprietary then someone could be held accountable for a quick fix.

Tunie

Estimable
May 19, 2014
It is not paranoia that drives my desire for privacy, it is the fundamental creepiness and annoyance of being tracked, and secondly, seeing ridiculous content featured based upon random surfing that has little to do with my life. None of the intelligent content I search is featured, of course, only the most banal and stupid. I don't want that crap associated with my data trail but I'm not interested in giving up my freedom to search and browse for relaxation and entertainment. Privacy IS a fundamental human birthright.

Status
Not open for further replies.