Question Facebook Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbsy09

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Hi wasn't sure where to post this, was trying to find a community forum that deals with this kind of thing, but having no luck so thought I'd try here.

I'm logged out of Facebook and can't log back in I can find my account and profile picture, with my name, but the e mail associated with my account is not my e mail, and I don't recognize it, it is a Hotmail account and I have yahoo, I am more than sure that someone has logged into my account and changed my password.

I tried using another e mail address that I made years ago, and I managed to change my password, I got confirmation from Facebook that it was changed, and they sent a security code, so then I followed the link I was sent entered the new pass, it then asked for the code, I put in the code, thought I was back in, but no luck it told me I had entered an old password, how could it be if I just created it.

This is a nightmare it's a catch 22, I have to log in to contact Facebook but I can't log in, there's no other way to contact them other than picking a member of staff on Facebook, then e mailing them outside Facebook, but I can't log in to do this.

Something really weird has happened to my account, because when I followed the channels to tell Facebook my account is compromised, there was two e mail addresses tied to my account, none of them recognized, and my current and long standing e mail that I use and have used for ages was nowhere to be seen, and it said my password was changed on the 15th of Dec, by an IP address in Vienna, with an e mail address I have never seen or used, and I'm in Scotland.

Clearly something is up, what benefit does someone get by hacking your Facebook account, can someone please help I'm at my Witt's end, Thanks.

what benefit does someone get by hacking your Facebook account
just because of trolling, to get personal data to scam your friends, get personal data to shop around the world with a linked paypal or similar bank account, identity theft,....
e.g.

which mail addresses did you use to get in contact with facebook?
are you sure these were legit?

check your computer for malware with malwarebytes.com, maybe your browser is infected

check with a different system/phone to log into your account/change the password

contact facebook by mail again to sort out this problem as fast as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/help/185747581553788
disabled@facebook.com

gibbsy09

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Hi helpstar I'm using my phone that is my point, I can't log back into my account, it is no scam my phone is not infected and I am following the proper route to get back into my account but I can't because I think my account has been compromised, and there is no way to contact Facebook directly as far as I know, without logging in and I can't.

Just to add I am definitely trying to log in to Facebook, it says facebook.com in the address bar, but as I said it says my password is wrong, and I've tried a reset with a different e mail and I still can't log in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.