Facebook is Launching Own App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"...as if we didn't already have enough app stores to download from." exactly this. Make it the title..

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
It'll feature apps of all sorts, from iOS to Android to web to desktop apps.

This line really had me salivating over thoughts of a PC-based platform that would natively run all current iOS/Android/WP7 apps without needing to buy those respecting phones. There are some really great iOS-only apps out there I'd love to try but can't justify getting an iphone just for that. It'd be awesome if someone made a universal platform that would allow you to buy apps from all the different phone app stores (you'd still be buying apps direct from Apple so they would still get their cut) and play them right on PC.

A man can dream.

zhuchaol

Honorable
May 11, 2012
It never rains but it pours.
hh.gif

agure2018

Honorable
May 11, 2012
The app center will include both paid and free apps. One of the primary goals of the Facebook app is to be another avenue for developers to make money.
cpu.gif

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
They need their own store because Apple and Google have been rejecting their 'Reveal All My Personal Information' app and their 'Reset All Privacy Settings to Full Open' app.

asterisx

Honorable
May 12, 2012
It could turn out to be a good opportunity for some android developers as only developers from only few countries(25 something) are only allowed to publish paid apps on google play, the largest, biggest, most-known android market. There are other non-android market's too, but they are less popular and less beneficial for developers, because of less traffic. But facebook, everyone knows about facebook, so its a great platform. I hope they do give support for all countries though.

Status
Not open for further replies.