Facebook is Unequivocally the Most Popular Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Aside from the Android Market, where Android owners go to find things to suck up their phones' memory

Slightly uncalled for? Article isn't even related to performance and you slip that in - writing articles isn't an excuse to flame products/services you don't agree with.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]Slightly uncalled for? Article isn't even related to performance and you slip that in - writing articles isn't an excuse to flame products/services you don't agree with.[/citation]

what else do apps do besides suck up memory?

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]Slightly uncalled for? Article isn't even related to performance and you slip that in - writing articles isn't an excuse to flame products/services you don't agree with.[/citation]
^ Forest fire.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005

Of course, all Android app’s are purely devilish little green memory wastes. Unlike iPhone apps which use no memory at all and introduce such functionality bringing unicorns into existence and making rainbows spontaneously appear. /Sarcasm!

Tom’s Hardware, where unbiased reporting went to die after it was purchased by so called “Best of Media” I miss old Tom’s :-(

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Honestly, the only reason my phone has Facebook is because I can't get rid of it without rooting. It's like saying that IE is the most popular browser. Well duh, it's because it comes stock on the machine!

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
It runs in the background even though I disabled everything in the facebook app settings. I uninstalled it from my nexus s.

richboyliang

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
To be honest the facebook android app isn't even that good. I use it only when I'm desperate. Its features are limited, for example no chat, and makes many actions complicated or impossible to perform. No wonder why it only receives about 3.5/5 rating in the market.

This is one major difference I've noticed between Android and Apple. Seems that all the apps in the Apple app store are of far greater quality than their Android counterparts.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
[citation][nom]richboyliang[/nom]To be honest the facebook android app isn't even that good. I use it only when I'm desperate. Its features are limited, for example no chat, and makes many actions complicated or impossible to perform. No wonder why it only receives about 3.5/5 rating in the market. This is one major difference I've noticed between Android and Apple. Seems that all the apps in the Apple app store are of far greater quality than their Android counterparts.[/citation]

You can chat in the Facebook for Android app? Is the app you are using preinstalled on your phone? If so, go into the Market and download and update to the latest version as it adds new features all the time. Plus the look has been streamlined in the more recent builds. I noticed when an app is preinstalled on Android that the Market doesnt auto alert to updates but if you go to that apps page in the Market you will see that it does indeed have an update. I have noticed this with Googles own apps as well like Maps, etc.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well to be honest Google+ is just starting up, so it's unfair to be comparing adoption rates at this moment. It will just be like Chrome browser: put ads everywhere, even if you're using Chrome browser already - and curious people would click.

rosstradamus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Just to clarify, I am an android user and happy with my phone. I was making a point about how the most popular android app is the one used to purchase apps. Perhaps I buried the punchline a bit but I wasn't asserting the superiority of iPhone, rest assured. - Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.