Facebook, MySpace Contain Major Security Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Great, now more people know about this.[/citation]
Sorry, you'll have to find another way to exploit facebook accounts when/if they fix this.

My fiancee and family wonder why I don't have facebook or twitter. Gee, maybe this is just one of many reasons why. The other major reason being these fads are pointless and stupid (I've seen enough fads in my 15years of internet usage).

I still say we license internet users. Make sure they're mature and competent enough to protect themselves online. We don't need teens committing suicide because some "boy" on facebook said nasty things about them, and we don't need Grandma giving away her life savings to some nice gentleman from Nigeria.

sqhacker

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
maybe i should make a dummy account with no info and a vm to run my social networks from now on...at least that way it links back to nothing i care about

asjflask

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
License internet users? Are you really willing to give up more of your freedoms in exchange for more security? Ben Franklin said it best when he said that those who give up freedoms for security deserve neither.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I'm a fan of equality but some people shouldn't :breed, use computers, drive a car, play with sharp objects or firearms. Equality and freedom should be delegated by competency and capability not idealistic inherent privilege. of course extenuating circumstance like disability does not apply to my line of thinking.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]It's good he was one of those guys that likes to report these flaws and gets them fixed instead of exploiting it.[/citation]

Saying it on your blo you just brag about your findings and not reporting it if you ask me. Unless ofc it says somewhere in the article that he has reported it and I missed it, then hedid nothing but find something and not even mention to get fixxed.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]It's good he was one of those guys that likes to report these flaws and gets them fixed instead of exploiting it.[/citation]
Hopefully Facebook won't do what many other companies have done...

White hat: I found a exploit in your software, please fix it before someone else finds it and takes over your company.
Company: BURN IN HELL!! UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR CODE!! LAWSUIT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.