Facebook Now Has a Reusable Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Don't use or give gift cards. Most are never fully spent it's just free money for companies. Give real money instead, can be used anywhere for anything!

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Ok all you Tools & Fools, run out and get one. Facebook & Twitter are for Losers, the sheep who do what is told of them from the elites.

vigorvermin

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I actually think this is a great idea. It's a pain to keep track of balances and manage 5 - 6 gift cards in my wallet. One card that parents or friends can load on their gift to would be awesome, and managing it through facebook is way easier then entering a 17 digit pin number on a automated service.

Haters gonna hate though.

TheBigTroll

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
i think chinese people have figured that out when they give birthday presents. its always a red pocket with some cash

theLiminator

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
The only time i would get a gift card is when there is a discount on the gift card, so if you're planning to spend money at that place already, you're saving some money,

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]Don't use or give gift cards. Most are never fully spent it's just free money for companies. Give real money instead, can be used anywhere for anything![/citation]
Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons, where they were at the Itchy & Scratchy park and got park money outside the door, and found out inside that the shops were not accepting park money.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]Don't use or give gift cards. Most are never fully spent it's just free money for companies. Give real money instead, can be used anywhere for anything![/citation]
A lot of states are now actually giving you cash if your gift cards are less than $5.00. California has to redeem for cash if less than $10.00.

http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/banking/gift-cards-and-certificates-statutes-and-legis.aspx(this was just a quick google search because I heard about this a few years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.