Facebook Now Offers LGBT Relationship Statuses

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[[citation][nom]kewlx[/nom]You can't see God so hes nonexistent? You can't see the wind yet it is here. You have a little pamphlet about how to use windows 7 and you trust it and use it for some of the items. The Bible is a book that describes things yet you don't want to read it? If God doesn't exist why do people choose to be atheists against God? Miracles happen every day. lives that should have been lost and saved. EVEN IF God didn't exist then wouldn't it be better to live a lie about being good and not killing other people and following the ten commandments and loving others and believing in a lie that some day we will go to heaven and reap the rewards for essentially being good?[/citation]

1) he said possibly non-existent
2) You can feel the wind, you can measure air (pressure and other measurements) you cannot measure "God/god/the gods"
3) It is impossible to prove that something does not exist,you can only prove that something does exist. It is up to religion to prove the existence of god, which you cannot.
4) the Bible is full of contradictions
5) "love thy neighbour" but persecute him if he is homosexual, different religious opinion or dares to question the existence of a God that nobody can prove exists?

G

As a dues-paying (the check is in the mail - J. Burton) member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, I do not give a rat's rear what Facebook does or does not provide in the list of options for relationships.

That's clearly between Facebook and its customers. Since Facebook has customers who want to self-identify in these ways, let them. I'd personally prefer a freeform text field there, but again, that's up to Facebook. Last I heard Facebook is neither a government agency nor a church body, so end of story.

I await the first story about someone's account being hacked and their being 'outed' incorrectly or inappropriately.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I kinda figured this would generate a bunch of rants from opposing sides. While I don't understand how the old statuses weren't enough I guess if they really wanted these new ones, why not?

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
While I support some form of this, it would be better to just be "Married" "In a relationship" or "Single"?

We already know that civil unions are not equal to anything marriage provides, and often are ignored even with the expensive legal paperwork to go along with it.

vir_cotto

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
[citation][nom]capp1688[/nom]Ironic how a country (America) founded by atheists (or, at the very least, deists) is now the Bible-toting country and many of the countries.[/citation]

In God we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.