Facebook Photo Lands Drunk Driver in Jail

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfem

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
[citation][nom]d-block[/nom]six months for killing someone? where is the justice in that?[/citation]
Right.

d1zzle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Hypocrites, if you were drunk driving and your BF/GF died would you kill yourself or would you go on with your life?
And after some time had passed and you were actually able to (gasp) get some enjoyment out of life and want to share it with people should you go to prison for it? She wasn't driving drunk in the picture just knocking back a couple, which is not an f'ing crime.

This is a perfect example of judicial overreach...just like the teen sxters who are being branded sex offenders for life. SHAME on the judicial system and on the knee jerk reactionaries like most of the people posting here who blindly maintain a dangerously over-simplified view of the world.

d1zzle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Missed the part where she was 17 and it had only been a month...substitute 6mo. later and 22yrs old and my comment stands otherwise disregard lol.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]She should get life sentence with parole.Fucking drunk driver. What if I was her boyfriend's father? She only gets 6 mo? FUCK YOU Justice![/citation]

Life sentence? She didn't commit murder. I agree that the sentencing was pretty lenient but let's not go over board here.

You have to remember that this was still an accident. She didn't get drunk and step behind the wheel in an attempt to kill her boyfriend. You also have to remember that this girl is 17 and not yet a legal adult in the US. I think a mandatory 7 year prison sentence, $10,000 fine, and 3 years probation would suffice for DUI manslaughter.

derstarke

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Consider the facts - they were probably BOTH drunk. She happened to be the one behind the wheel, but they're both equally responsible. And in some places by law (and ethically in places where not the case), wherever and whoever she had been drinking with shoulders some of the responsibility as well. Not to mention the sentence "she killed him" is a little inaccurate. In Japan, a country with 0% alcohol tolerance for driving, everyone in the car with someone who has been drinking is equally responsible for the driver. Everyone - equally. We are a little biased towards our own way of thinking. Understandable, but worth noting there are other ways of viewing the same situation.

That said, this girl deserves the 6 months, but I see no reason to punish her beyond that. It could just as easily have been her boyfriend behind the wheel that night. I've had friends die in drunk driving accidents, and I am just as angry/upset at the ones who let the person drive.

G

I saw this one in a Law and Order episode. A bunch of high school kids got drunk and killed one of their friends, and right after sentencing they posted a drunken video on their social site that the DA and judge found. I thought it was crazy in a tv show. It's just pathetic in real life.

hatedrunkdrivers

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Omg, she took his life & has no remorse & she continues to live happy as a pig in shit, looking for the next fool that will let her drive his car, probably drunk!!! She don't care what she's done!!! Hasn't shed a tear knowing he's gone forever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.