Facebook Rolls Out New Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
im not a fan, it isn't necessarily bad, but it really doesn't add anything new or exciting, just makes you relearn things. Very counter-productive.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Mine just changed today, I don't like it, it seems too busy...like Tiger Direct's home page XD There's just too much stuff, not to mention the rounded the corners on every single photo on the menu? Not necessary and very annoying. And yeah, the wall posts/status and comments on them are hard to differentiate.

G

I'm suspicious of how they decide what "stories" show up in who's feeds. Plus, in order to see mobile uploads, you have to click on the photos filter. I definitely don't like that at all.

G

I'm suspicious of how they decide what "stories" show up in who's feeds. Plus, in order to see mobile uploads, you have to click on the photos filter. I definitely don't like that at all.

G

It was clearly designed by a 5-year-old -- no, I take that back...my daughter could design a better front end than they did. They took a LOT of functionality, customization, and filtering capability out of the home page (no more Live Feed, no more filtering capabilities in the News Feed with the exception of either an ALL or NOTHING setting for individual friends). They increased the font size as if we were either children or geriatrics, and cluttered the page up so much it's difficult to find anything. They added an advertisement box at the top where it's distracting, not helpful, and they added a "Highights" feature which isn't helpful to anyone. They've removed or made difficult to find events (birthdays, etc.), and the Feed doesn't auto-refresh anymore (Live Feed used to auto-refresh, so you didn't have to reload the page every time). Overall, it's a bunch of crap, and anyone who says differently doesn't know anything about GUIs.

mtspace

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
it seems just like a temper tantrum. why? twitter is lame. useless. i loved fb for the ease of communication between friends and clients. now its just a cluttered mess. like twitter. bummer.

G

facebook for whatever reason feels that they need to try and fix things that aren't broken. Just as I finally start to settle in to the new (old now) homepage they rolled out not too long ago (which I actually kind of liked) they force this monstrosity on everyone. I miss the old minimalist facebook, no apps, no hard to use and understand GUI's just simple communication and photo sharing. I don't know when facebook will realize that people use it because they like and want facebook, not twitter or myspace.

chriss

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Far too hard for me to see what my friends are doing. Unless they bring back the old interface, or give us a better interface than what we now have, I'm not going to use it any more.

G

I've been irritated by it. It looks like they redesigned it to be more like Twitter or Myspace, both of which never really endeared themselves to me. Chriss's point is an excellent one. It's now just a pain to figure out everything that happened during previous few days.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
"I hate the new facebook page. If they don't change it back. I will tell my friends and we will leave together. Facebook is lame. Or at least give us the option to change it."
-Facebook users everywhere.

r gardin

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
G

I hate it. You can't post photos to people pages. It doesn't say who's friend with who. I don't like it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.