Facebook Security Hole Shows Your Friends' Chats

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rionaam

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]People who watch Southpark have 0 friends.[/citation]
Maybe you should have said "People who watch the new seasons of South Park have 0 friends"...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Aw, crud. Why didn't I know about this before? C'mon Tom's, find the bug BEFORE they fix it![/citation]

Found yesterday, fixed yesterday!

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]rionaam[/nom]Maybe you should have said "People who watch the new seasons of South Park have 0 friends"...[/citation]

I really wouldn't know the difference.

rionaam

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]I really wouldn't know the difference.[/citation]
South Park was a great show, until it reached the 12th season, it just went downhill from there (I couldn't stand to watch the entire 13th season, I stopped watching in the middle of an episode).

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Yeah, but FB is still more secure than most sites with chat. AIM for example will let you find out the ip address of the person you are chatting with. And not the hidden AIM version of the ip, like facebook, but the actual ip address. Freaking hilarious when you tell someone what their ip is while you're chatting, and they freak out.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]sonnywoj[/nom]so has anyone else tried this yet? i just tried it.. not workin for me.[/citation]
First line in the article: "Facebook has patched a security hole..."

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I find it interesting that they chose to disable the chat feature, rather than the preview feature itself while the bug was fixed. That tells me the problem was with chat and that's the code that was altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.