Facebook Shares Drop Below $30, $40B Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

jldevoy

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
maybe this will bring an end to the ridiculously sky high valuations of web companies that have no actual product other than its users.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I guess all those early investors are cashing in. Cant understand why they dont see the long term value in Facebook... MySpace anyone?

G

WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Down in flames! Yeaaaaaahhh buddy!

Can't wait to see $20 next week!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jldevoy[/nom]maybe this will bring an end to the ridiculously sky high valuations of web companies that have no actual product other than its users.[/citation]

they do have a product that they sell...

your information, and real estate on one of the biggest websites for your advertising needs.

G

How does Facebook make a billion dollars?

Start with 100 billion.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I don't know why anyone would purchase shares in a company whose website makes one feel like they're using Windows ME...

shawn808

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
This was a rip off from the start. Whomever was unlucky enough to purchase this stock or had it incorporated into their investments should sue the hell out of everyone. Its almost laughable that the original investors whom were given stock for start up investment sold when it opened. Morgan Stanley should be investigated for fraud.

But you know whats gonna happen. NOTHING

Because our government is the MAFIA.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
A few people got rich, even fewer will get richer. Tens of thousands will be left losing everything when eventually FB's stock crashes and people finally wake up to the sad reality that FB has no real plans for preventing themselves from being irrelevant by a shift in winds.

Its happened before and it will happen again. Some people just never learn and let greed take over there rational thought.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Shorting FB has been a great experience. I really thought i'd have to wait years to see these kind of dives for this company but i'll take the profit now if I have to. :)

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
The reason why it's crashing like it is, happens to be because Morgan Stanley -- and the other company I forgot the name of -- who underwrote the IPO let certain investors know things before the day of the IPO, and those investors made money, and everyone else lost money. This is insider trading, plain & simple, and it's illegal!

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Every freaking day news is about Facebook, especially in Google tech section. Nobody cares about this stupid site beside those who has no life.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]shawn808[/nom]This was a rip off from the start. Whomever was unlucky enough to purchase this stock or had it incorporated into their investments should sue the hell out of everyone. Its almost laughable that the original investors whom were given stock for start up investment sold when it opened. Morgan Stanley should be investigated for fraud.But you know whats gonna happen. NOTHINGBecause our government is the MAFIA.[/citation]
You really should learn when to use "who" and "whom". You got it wrong twice here.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]Are any of you econ 101 fags out there?! This is what happens when capitalism gets RAN INTO THE GROUND. First, this was a GROSSLY over-valued stock. Second, this has insider trading written ALL OVER IT. This entire stock shows just how corrupt and crooked Wall Street is. Now lock the fuckers up, break down the banks, and start regulating these bastards. Money buys WAY too much these days - see 2008, where NO ONE got arrested or thrown in jail over what they did to this and the global economy.[/citation]

I'm still waiting for anyone to explain what exactly the banks did that was against any US law, because despite all the moral outrage, despite nearly bringing down the world economy, NOTHING the banks did was against any US law.

But hey, you wanted fewer regulations and a freer market, you got it.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Better buy Opera and HTC fast while it still has some overrated value. Like AOL buying Time-Warner. 92.3x P/E ratio is way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.