Facebook Stock on Downward Slide, Loses 23% in 2 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

oh. you are buying an extreme over price(50X) stock for a website that has 900 million user but free for charge. you desired losing money. fb will became penny stock after markzacker sell out all his share. just wait.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
The reason facebook is losing value is that its not effectively translating its ads into clicks and they've already sold all of their user's info and that well is basically tapped out. I left facebook over a year ago because its played out and over hyped. Thankfully the stock market sees that too.

G

if mcdonalds sell 900 million hamburger in a season.
Portland spring water sell 900 million gallons of water in a year in the gasoline price.
verizon hold 9 million user for the next 2 years contract.
I guarantee that makes money.
if facebook tell you about they have glory 900 million free user world wide.
it means they have completely losing money and no income benefit from the user, they need to begging money like a parasite from advertisement. if you believe a company that produce nothing only rely on ads that worth 160 billion. think again.

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
The word on the Street is that more and more people are using Facebook through mobile phones which have fewer ads compared to those seen on a computer. Therefore Facebook isn't selling as many ads and as mobile phone usage grows and computer/laptop usage stays stagnant, that effects growth.

I've always thought the Facebook thing was overhyped. Facebook can only be used against you. Facebook has already been used to convict people of crimes, fire people, and deny people jobs and positions. Your friends, your real ones, already know what you're doing and what you like. There is no need to advertise yourself to them. Whatever you post on Facebook can be and will be used against you someday, with devastating consequences.

The only people who need Facebook are people who need to advertise themselves and create some sort of image/brand like celebrities and politicians not to mention companies. Therefore Facebook is becoming more and more managed like a PR department. The smart people I know make sure only stuff they want to show gets put up on Facebook. It is totally fake. Them drinking, taking drugs, you'll never see that, only them being professional and with their "happy" family all smiling and laughing. Again, if you're a real friend, you don't need Facebook and you'll laugh at the Facebook pages because they are so fake.

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
The word on the Street is that more and more people are using Facebook through mobile phones which have fewer ads compared to those seen on a computer. Therefore Facebook isn't selling as many ads and as mobile phone usage grows and computer/laptop usage stays stagnant, that effects growth.

I've always thought the Facebook thing was overhyped. Facebook can only be used against you. Facebook has already been used to convict people of crimes, fire people, and deny people jobs and positions. Your friends, your real ones, already know what you're doing and what you like. There is no need to advertise yourself to them. Whatever you post on Facebook can be and will be used against you someday, with devastating consequences.

The only people who need Facebook are people who need to advertise themselves and create some sort of image/brand like celebrities and politicians not to mention companies. Therefore Facebook is becoming more and more managed like a PR department. The smart people I know make sure only stuff they want to show gets put up on Facebook. It is totally fake. Them drinking, taking drugs, you'll never see that, only them being professional and with their "happy" family all smiling and laughing. Again, if you're a real friend, you don't need Facebook and you'll laugh at the Facebook pages because they are so fake.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]mestockloser8987[/nom]if mcdonalds sell 900 million hamburger in a season.Portland spring water sell 900 million gallons of water in a year in the gasoline price.verizon hold 9 million user for the next 2 years contract. I guarantee that makes money.if facebook tell you about they have glory 900 million free user world wide.it means they have completely losing money and no income benefit from the user, they need to begging money like a parasite from advertisement. if you believe a company that produce nothing only rely on ads that worth 160 billion. think again.[/citation]

They don't just rely on Ad's, FYI

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
meh half of my FB profile are fake anyway ur friends are in real life, they already know ur background, u dont need to post those personal info in FB again. And I didnt use those "apps" either. FB is more on sharing random MEME pic or local news that gov not willing to share.

Talk about selling my fake profile info I think I am probably their worst nightmare.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I should've short-selled against Facebook's stocks at the initial IPO. Short-selling is essentially betting that the stocks' value will decline.

G

The worst thing for facebook, is that they store your ISP address forever and it knows what pages you seen six years ago, even if you haven't clicked a facebook webpage for six years. So, die facebook, die!

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Facebook is for teenagers and the teens no longer think facebook is cool (I have teens in my house). To them it's not cool because their parents are on there and it's now sooo 2010. No one cares about the stupid rap others post.... we now realize that no one cares about our lame personal lives.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Been saying it over and over... Facebook will go down as one of the most expensive investor blunders. Serves 'em right if you can't see the difference between a 'real' business and some fad based "service" with fake membership numbers.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
With all the talk about the ungraceful 1% taking advantage of the middle class, I left Facebook shortly after the news that one of the co-founders renounced US citizenship to avoid paying taxes.

Other than that I think the company is victim of Wall Street greed. Wall Street no longer looks at fundamentals to set expectations for a stock, they just draw pigs in the air to take the money of the little people outside of the loop, the ones that eat all the hype and know nobody working on one of these firms.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]The worst thing for facebook, is that they store your ISP address forever and it knows what pages you seen six years ago, even if you haven't clicked a facebook webpage for six years. So, die facebook, die![/citation]

Sucks to be facebook as my IP, not ISP, address has changed 1000s of times since I used Facebook.

Though you and the people who upvoted this comment obviously don't know anything about the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.