Facebook Stock on Downward Slide, Loses 23% in 2 Days

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I think facebook is a great product but the IPO was way way way overhyped. If you looked at the revenue before going public there is no way it fell in line with how much it traded for at the beggining

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Big corporations are starting to pull Facebook ads. General Motors said they were pulling theirs. Facebook is on a decline and hit its peak years ago.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Lots of haters around here.

My thoughts are that Facebook has 2 problems to solve before the stocks rise again. First, they need to somehow bring ads to the mobile version without them being to intrusive. Second, they need a model to publish revelant ads to users. I don't need a pardon. I don't need to cut 5 lbs of belly fat using a weird old trick.

Come to think of it, Tom's could use a new advertising model too...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Sucks to be facebook as my IP, not ISP, address has changed 1000s of times since I used Facebook.Though you and the people who upvoted this comment obviously don't know anything about the internet.[/citation]
You either apparently since in this case it's "Internet" and not "internet". Bash attempt fail.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]You either apparently since in this case it's "Internet" and not "internet". Bash attempt fail.[/citation]

oh a typo! Ill mak ur minddd xplod wth this.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I work for a Broker Dealer in the IT dept. I can tell you that EVERYONE in the building saw this coming from a mile and a half away. If I was Zuck, I would have bailed on as much of my shares as I could right at launch, then got the heck out while I was still obnoxiously rich.

G

Facebook is a fad. Does that really come as a surprise to anyone?

Soon Facebook will go the way of MySpace, LiveJournal, and a few other unremarkable social networking sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS