Facebook Suspends Devs for Selling User IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Facebook should suspend itself for good then. (and google too)[/citation]
Suspended? We're a tiny group compared to the millions who either don't know anything about internet privacy or don't care at all. Would facebook be closed another networking site would boom the following day.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I can't wait until the current generation of younger folks (who use Facebook religiuosly) start making their way into the public's eye as either entertainers or movie stars. The tabliods are going to have more than enough dirt to write stories and scandals about some of these people! And with the amount of money some magazines are willing to pay, this info will always find a way into the wrong hands!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Anyone who has any idea of anything could see this coming from anywhere.
Next up: Let's put a pile of money in the middle of street and see if anyone tries to take it.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Suspend? Fire I think is a better course of action than to simply suspend. Hire someone instead who cares about privacy controls/education and protecting user data.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Suspend? Fire I think is a better course of action than to simply suspend. Hire someone instead who cares about privacy controls/education and protecting user data.[/citation]
I thumbed you down becaus you didnt bother to check if they where facebook imployed, and so giving negative light to people who dont deserve it.

I do beleave that some monitary punishment should be inforced on these companies on top of the moratorium. something in the range of 1.5 the cost they sold it for should stop these companies, or at least make them think twice. in this way they lose all the money they made, and have to pay facebook on every single violation.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Suspend? Fire I think is a better course of action than to simply suspend. Hire someone instead who cares about privacy controls/education and protecting user data.[/citation]

...like a moderator?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]one of the reason why no one should use Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking site....[/citation]
[citation][nom]_cubase_[/nom]I can't wait until the current generation of younger folks (who use Facebook religiuosly) start making their way into the public's eye as either entertainers or movie stars. The tabliods are going to have more than enough dirt to write stories and scandals about some of these people! And with the amount of money some magazines are willing to pay, this info will always find a way into the wrong hands![/citation]

seriously any one who acutally post truely private information on a social net work site is a total f-ing idiot. as for the information i have on face book , what the hell do i care if some one finds out im intersted in girls , i went to anderson high school , or that im curently going to college at the art institute online , it's not like any of that information is secret. the only thing that bothers me , is they made money off some ones information , with out that person getting a cut ... so if my info was sold , where is my cut ?

that aside , don't see how this is really a privacy issue since most any one's face book data is not really.... well private.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
All corporations do this all the time. Why is it wrong for their employees to do it now? Oh yeah....the corporations didn't get the money from it.

Every time you sign up for a store card, take a survey, give your information to cashiers, swipe your credit card, purchase phone service, buy products online....everything and I mean everything that you do is tracked and is stored and resold to corporations as information they use for marketing.

Information gathering and the selling of that information is a billion dollar business. (possibly even trillion dollar) Where do you think junk mail comes from? Cold calling your phone? Spam? You going to blame all that on "hackers"?

Look at how much information you are willingly giving out about yourself every single day of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.