failing hdd. how do i create a backup when it keeps crashing

9Dragonsky

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
My Toshiba satellite c75d has a failing hdd. I bought a new one but like a noob, forgot that I need an operating system to run it.

The falling hdd keeps prompting me to restore and recover. Bit whenever I try to open command prompt or control panel it locks up and blue screens me and forces a restart. I can't even get it to open in safe mode.

Short of buying a new laptop I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

Solution
I think your best bet is to remove the hard drive with your personal data on it and put in the new drive. Check that you have the Certificate of Authenticy and can read the Product Key then ask a friend to download an ISO for the relevant version of Windows and burn it to a DVD so you can reinstall. With luck you might be able to borrow a DVD.

Then you'll be able to work with the old disk to recover your files.
I think your best bet is to remove the hard drive with your personal data on it and put in the new drive. Check that you have the Certificate of Authenticy and can read the Product Key then ask a friend to download an ISO for the relevant version of Windows and burn it to a DVD so you can reinstall. With luck you might be able to borrow a DVD.

Then you'll be able to work with the old disk to recover your files.

Solution