Fallout 4 is choppy on a Toshiba Satellite S55t

asritte

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Laptop has an I7 5500U, a GeForce GTX 950M, and 12 gigs of RAM. For some reason, on the low graphics setting, the game still plays super choppy. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but this info looks higher then the recommended requirements for Fallout 4.

Solution
I have actually played this game on a laptop with that GPU, and yes, while it is a bit under the minimum, it still ran fine once the video settings were tweaked a bit. @720p and Low settings we were getting around 30-40fps without chop or lag. Yes that's not the best for a game like this, which is why I really recommend playing the game on a PC that's built for for it.

Unless I'm misreading something, both your CPU and GPU are below the MINIMUM requirements. Especially your GPU. Having never played Fallout 4, I'm not sure how accurate those minimums are, though.

I have actually played this game on a laptop with that GPU, and yes, while it is a bit under the minimum, it still ran fine once the video settings were tweaked a bit. @720p and Low settings we were getting around 30-40fps without chop or lag. Yes that's not the best for a game like this, which is why I really recommend playing the game on a PC that's built for for it.

Solution