fan causing recording issues

Feb 24, 2019
Hi.
Just for the record, there's nothing wrong with my fan in itself. It's not making more noise than it should be or anything.
The problem is that it's sort of on top of my computer where the screen is, instead of on the bottom beneath the keyboard like most laptops I've had are.
The thing with that is that when I'm recording audio from my computer, the fan causes extremely loud static. When I first heard it I didn't know why, but since recording quality on my old computer with a more sensibly placed fan is much better, I thought that the static came from the fan being too close to the computer's mic or something.
If that's the case, I need a solution.

Thanks!

benz.media

Great
Sep 25, 2018
Hello wait,

There's not really much to do here, except buying an external microphone. If you have a phone, you could record the audio from it and import it in to your PC for a temporary solution. Do you audibly hear the fan in real life too, or just on the recording?

- Benz Media

Reactions: daustin792
Feb 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

When I'm using the computer, the fan isn't particularly noisy. It's rather quiet except for when the lid is closed, during which time you can faintly hear the air moving, if that makes sense.