Solved! Fan runs, hard disk quiet

Apr 13, 2022
I have a Dell wyse notebook which was working perfectly until I decided to unassemble all the parts and clean them of which was covered with dust and reassemble. After assembling the parts it's not working anymore. That's not power on even when pressed the power button.
Immediately you plug in the power cable the fun runs even when the power switch of the laptop has not been pressed. It runs for about 30 seconds then it stops and stays silent for about 2 minutes then it (fan) starts running again until the power cable is unplugged from the laptop.
The hard disk is absolute silent and it's only one light, one notification light that keeps flashing till the fan stops to run then the sequence is repeated again
Is there anybody around to guide me through with, thanks.

Solution
I see this a lot. "cleaning" a laptop can cause more harm than good. The problem is not following proper ESD precautions which can damage parts. Brushes, for instance, are bad news, Exactly how did you clean parts? Brushes or rags are not good. A compressed air can is the way to do (along with special brushes).

I would advise you to first get the service manual (search on line) and use that to disassemble the laptop again. Check all connectors. These are very fragile and easily messed up. Follow the ESD procedures described in the manual. You may get lucky and find the problem is just a connection, It is possible the motherboard is damaged.
I see this a lot. "cleaning" a laptop can cause more harm than good. The problem is not following proper ESD precautions which can damage parts. Brushes, for instance, are bad news, Exactly how did you clean parts? Brushes or rags are not good. A compressed air can is the way to do (along with special brushes).

I would advise you to first get the service manual (search on line) and use that to disassemble the laptop again. Check all connectors. These are very fragile and easily messed up. Follow the ESD procedures described in the manual. You may get lucky and find the problem is just a connection, It is possible the motherboard is damaged.

Solution