Father Holds Sexter at Gunpoint Because of Pics

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm staggered how many people are supportive of this guy.

I mean... it's a penis. She's 17. Okay, the age of sexual consent in California is 18, but was this really completely necessary? She's gonna have to see a penis some day.

bgaimur

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
further proof that sexuality being seen as a sacred part of human relationships is purely out of society's insecurities. Thank you religion.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
When you're 23 you're still effectively a kid nowadays anyhow. Unless you can see reasonably how someone is going to drastically mature between 17 and then. This isn't the 50's anymore, kids tend to still live at home long after they reach 'adulthood'. Point being though, 23 still makes him a stupid kid, stupid decisions, etc.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Crazy americans, it's just sex. Chill.
In America, the age of emancipation is 18 and a 17 year old is still considered a minor and not a legal adult. The guy who sent the picture is legally considered an adult and could be charged with corruption of a minor. While I agree "it's just sex" there is precedent that makes sending a picture of your dick to a minor illegal; let alone that it's just in poor taste.

While the father should be arrested and charged for tying up the dumbass who sent the pictures, as a father myself I can totally identify with the guy and would also be very pissed off at a 23 year old sending pictures of his dick to my teenage daughter. The difference between me and this guy is I would have just found the guy alone and busted his knee caps with a baseball bat and suggested he never see or talk to my daughter again.

ender21

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]The difference between me and this guy is I would have just found the guy alone and busted his knee caps with a baseball bat and suggested he never see or talk to my daughter again.[/citation]

Fantastic. That makes you a worse human being than some horny 23-year-old. Be proud of that.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Both will get charges and jail time, stupid. Anyway, knowing what they may get charged, the father should hung his genitals using a string and sent MMS to everyone. That will make everyone roll off my their chair.
LOL :)

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]twu[/nom]Both will get charges and jail time, stupid. Anyway, knowing what they may get charged, the father should hung his genitals using a string and sent MMS to everyone. That will make everyone roll off my their chair.LOL[/citation]
Even better! The pictures of him tied up with his own cellphome and send it to every one in the cellphone agenda.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
carefull there chunkymonster and alidan, are you talibans?

The 23years old dude did a stupid thing and now must answer for it in a court of law, the father must also answer in a court of law, because what he did is not excusable.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ender21[/nom]Fantastic. That makes you a worse human being than some horny 23-year-old. Be proud of that.[/citation]

Agreed. Laws exist to keep civilization, uh... civilized. If my kids (I am a father, yes.) get a sext from a legal adult 7 years their senior, I'll call the police. Let the police do their job, so I can use my time to do mine and enjoy my time with my children, rather than waste it on vendettas against people doing creepy things.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]x3style[/nom]In other news people sent pictures of genitals since the implementation of MMS.[/citation]

Anyone remember when this was an epidemic in Japan... like 12 years ago? Apparently, this technology finally made it to Bucktooth, California.

Though I do agree the father went a bit overboard. That 23 year old MAN did deserve to get punched out though. However I don't think either party deserves jail time for their actions. Perhaps a weekend spent with a Marine Corp drill sergeant barking at them to perform drills all weekend.

I don't see why everyone is calling the 23 year old a kid. By 23 you should know well enough the differences between right and wrong, consequences for your actions and had some responsibilities.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
The dad should have just taken the "evidence" and handed it over to the local prosecutor. The kid would have been quickly arraigned on corruption of a minor and probably put on the pedophile watch list for the rest of his life. Instead, the dad is facing the possibility of being imprisoned and taken away from his family. Way to go, dad.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]gti88[/nom]May be, young men should think before they do stupid things...[/citation]

That will never, ever happen. boys will be boys, no matter what you do to raise them right.

Of course, human beings in general have issues with thinking before they do stupid things.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
some dads are more conservative and protective of their family. whatever it takes. Other dads couldn't care less. Guess which group does Atwood Sr belongs to?

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]some dads are more conservative and protective of their family. whatever it takes. Other dads couldn't care less. Guess which group does Atwood Sr belongs to?[/citation]

The batshit-insane NRA criminally-overly-protective dads who think this sort of thing is right?

Your claim is ridiculous. There are not only two types of fathers. There are fathers out there who completely care about their families, but are not INSANE like this man is.

What kind of example did he set for his son and daughter? That barbaric actions like this are acceptable "in defense of the family?"

People like this father are the reason "vigilante justice" is illegal.

Now, to be sure, the 23 year old man is just an idiot and should have known better than to send the 17 year old girl a picture of his genitals. Not for moral reasons (the USA has a stick up it ass about sexuality, for some stupid reason), but for legal reasons, at least until we get said stick out of our asses.

In the end, though, sending pics of your dick to people "as a joke" is still stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.