Father Speaks Only Klingon Until Son Turns Three

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

..How stupid can you get! At least the only good from this stupid experiment is that the outcome appears to be totally useless!

If I where to teach my child a different language, it would be an existing language!

ichbinyogi

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
lol seriously, I am a Star Trek fan but dont know a single word of Klingon so there is no way in hell this guy can speak Klingon and not be totally into it.

Its not like Rosetta Stone makes one for Klingon lmao

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Come on, everyone is a nerd to some other group. Calling someone a nerd on a Tom's forum is, well, I don't even need to say it. I love Star Trek myself and don't know any Klingon. As usual this story is too thin on details. How did he learn Klingon? Did he try to teach it the way that I teach my one year old English and Spanish? Or was just in the background (meaningless noise in that case).
I have shouted fake Klingon at my son, just being silly. I also make silly animal noises which he really likes. Maybe he'll grow up speaking gorilla.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]jawshoeaw[/nom]Come on, everyone is a nerd to some other group. Calling someone a nerd on a Tom's forum is, well, I don't even need to say it. I love Star Trek myself and don't know any Klingon. As usual this story is too thin on details. How did he learn Klingon? Did he try to teach it the way that I teach my one year old English and Spanish? Or was just in the background (meaningless noise in that case). I have shouted fake Klingon at my son, just being silly. I also make silly animal noises which he really likes. Maybe he'll grow up speaking gorilla.[/citation]

Hahaha well said :D

narlzac85

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
the kid is already in high school and doesn't remember a thing. Did any of you even read this article past the first sentence?

G

Kid's aren't stupid, and this one didn't only hear Klingon for Crissakes. 10 to 1 mom warned him not to listen to daddy speaking silly. Lame uncontrolled experiment :)

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Nerds should not have any offsprings.[/citation]
Then we can feed all of our plants Gatorade, 'cause IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE -- ELECTROLYTES!

nukemaster

Distinguished
i hate the quote locations...i keep messing up...

sorry. the ELECTROLYTES! is the post of the day and the other one is a reply to

[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]How do you say, "What an idiot." in Klingon?[/citation]

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]narlzac85[/nom]the kid is already in high school and doesn't remember a thing. Did any of you even read this article past the first sentence?[/citation]

My thoughts exactly.

Also the guy learned klingon for work/doctorate work as stated in the article. He's a linguist so my guess is he knows a few languages.

joeman42

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Fortunately, his son overcame the idiot's experiment. Otherwise, he may have been driven to smack his dad with a batlef and exclaim, "He's an empty shell, treat him as such!"

NicNash

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
am i the only one that finds that kinda interesting... I mean I could never do it to my kid, but kinda cool to find someone else did, sorta;p He should have spoke both languages the entire time... how cool would it be to say you're fluent in klingon. only his dad and him would understand anything said.

G

I think i believe i know why the father did it. He wanted to be sure the son had another more expressonalistic, fuller and with more depth, a language more fine and detailed than the one he was unfortunately destined to learn later in life (American).

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Nerds should not have any offsprings.[/citation]

Would you rather the idiots continue to procreate at ridiculous rates? If anything we need MORE nerds having off spring, the generations keep getting stupider.

Status
Not open for further replies.