Faulty Laptop Charger

May 4, 2018
Hi! I have a strange issue with my laptop. My computer is struggling to recognizing that the charger is plugged in. I've tried different things from shutting down, restarting it, and removing the battery. Then after trying to get my computer to charge for the last 20 mins. to 2 hours It justs starts charging normally again. I really don't know what the issue is. The battery pack is still relatively new, So it might be my cord. I'm not sure.

Solution
Try charging when it is off (not sleep or hibernate but off) and see if it works better. If yes, then I would say your charger is going bad.

You might also want to see if you can borrow a charger from a similar device (just make sure they have the same power info) and try that one on your device. If it doesn't work either, then you know it isn't the charger. It could be the port where it connects to the device.
Try charging when it is off (not sleep or hibernate but off) and see if it works better. If yes, then I would say your charger is going bad.

You might also want to see if you can borrow a charger from a similar device (just make sure they have the same power info) and try that one on your device. If it doesn't work either, then you know it isn't the charger. It could be the port where it connects to the device.

Solution