Favorite Screen Capture Programs

Renseru

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I'm looking to start making video recordings of my poker review sessions and perhaps SC2 games. I have a webcam, digital camera, microphone, and power point so now I'm just looking for advice/recommendations on screen capture software. Any feedback is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

AdwardChan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
I prefer to pick up screen recording software rather than screen capture software. That's a kind of program allows you to record a video but not just take a screenshot.

I used to record my poker gameplay with digital camera but the video quality is blur and doom. By using screen recording software, it's easy to control the video quality in HD and record narration.

I use DemoCreator to make video review on software or desktop tutorial. And there are some of screen recorders like BB Flashback support webcam recording. Both of them have a built-in editor so that you can edit your video review at ease.

Hope this helps.

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
For creating video tutorials, i use Camtasia with very good results.. Its a bit on the pricey side but has enough features, a good & simple UI and a good quality capture to justify the price tag..