FBI Closes Biggest Cyber-Crime Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
@ dextermat : There always was crime and there will always be crime. Like there will be people to fight this crime. Just because the FBI ended a small fraction of the internet phishing schemes, does that mean that they should stop fighting? Every bit count to keep the balance on the "good" side.

sixbone

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
@ RADIO_ACTIVE: so if the hackers hacked where i do any of my banking and steal my personal info how can i prevent that. I'm sure there are people who aren't retarded with their personal info but have had their identity stolen, but we can't do anything about them hacking financial institutions.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]sixbone[/nom]@ RADIO_ACTIVE: so if the hackers hacked where i do any of my banking and steal my personal info how can i prevent that. I'm sure there are people who aren't retarded with their personal info but have had their identity stolen, but we can't do anything about them hacking financial institutions.[/citation]

No, maybe you've misunderstood. These people were sent e-mails which they thought were from their banks/the IRS. They put all of their info in and such and the money was drained/taken by the criminals. They ARE retards with their information.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Lawlz! +1^ RADIO-ACITVE! Too Many times have i seen my mother toss her personal info around like it's nothing. I cannot even count how many times i tell people that if they're going to change their password, they MUST login to the actual account first as opposed to just replying to an email or filling out a form on an email.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]pender21[/nom]$1300 is not bad if it did not use a Atom CPU, but it is expected. At least it is not $2000.[/citation]
Yeap, completely on topic. =D
The Atom was a worse scam than this... I'd rather a low end C2D...

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]No, maybe you've misunderstood. These people were sent e-mails which they thought were from their banks/the IRS. They put all of their info in and such and the money was drained/taken by the criminals. They ARE retards with their information.[/citation]

Not the most "choice" of words and not grammatically correct...

Retard (as taken from dictionary.reference.com)
–noun
3. a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.
4. Slang: Disparaging.
a. a mentally retarded person.
b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

The more correct word to use would be...

naive (as taken from dictionary.reference.com)
–adjective
2. having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has
a very naive attitude toward politics.

That is just my 2 cents. I'm expecting a "grammar nazi" comment to be made at some point. Hehe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.