FBI Does Dallas... Data Center Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

garborg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
"for a profit of $1,200,000."
It is not profit if they pay their bills. Calling it profit is rediculous, like they could get a bail-out for the bills they tossed aside. Oooo wait maybe they could telecom fraud needs a bail-out too!!

G

They submitted Fraudulent credit information, thus the crime was committed.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
The guy in the article on the CW site...Matthew Simpson...

I used to do phone support for the WISP that provided internet access to him at home. He insisted on having two links from different towers. Had some kind of Internet radio setup going there (the control system, if not the streams themselves). I've never met him but I think I talked to him once or twice. Anyway the stuff about him and his hosting customers is at least based in fact, cause I've heard the same thing from buddies at the WISP. I don't think he actually did anything wrong. I'd have been uber pissed. And as an aside...small world.

ehenry818

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
It is not profit if they pay their bills. Calling it profit is rediculous.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm lets see they used fake info credit, I am assuming credit cards and the paid more for the service with the fake info, and turn around a sold it at 1cent per minute. Sounds like pure profit and the fact that they are not paying for it.
Saying as long as they pay the bills, so in other words hey who cares about identity theft and who cares if people use credit cards that are not theres, as long as they pay the bill its ok.

Anyone else think this reasoning garborg is giving is absurd?

As long as they pay the bill its not stealing. Well if you think that, than give everyone on her your CC info and we will pay the bill...LOL

Next time read the article and not skip over important parts like:

a trail of fake companies, P.O. box addresses and fraudulant phone numbers led the FBI investigation to two Texas companies: Premier Voice and Lone Star Power. Several people connected to the two companies are said to have submitted fake credit information as well as “other false representation

But your right there looking for a bail out

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This is great. The companies ripping off all of America day in and day out are being ripped off. Keep up the good work. Lord knows AT&T and Verizon deserve it for the prices they charge for text messaging.

jtsx1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Nice title :D Att is way too expensive for text messaging and I'm still waiting for that lawsuit to go through and reduce prices...c'mon, hurry up

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]The guy in the article on the CW site...Matthew Simpson...I used to do phone support for the WISP that provided internet access to him at home. He insisted on having two links from different towers. Had some kind of Internet radio setup going there (the control system, if not the streams themselves). I've never met him but I think I talked to him once or twice. Anyway the stuff about him and his hosting customers is at least based in fact, cause I've heard the same thing from buddies at the WISP. I don't think he actually did anything wrong. I'd have been uber pissed. And as an aside...small world.[/citation]

I may have gotten Mr. Simpson mixed up with another guy. There was a guy that did voip stuff and then the internet radio guy, so he may have been the voip guy instead.

I know no one even remotely cares...but I thought if I was going to act cool for being acquainted with someone in this story, I might as well be historically accurate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.