FBI Wants ISPs to Keep Record of Sites You Visit

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnoticbob

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Everyone, you are missing the point. They are using an inductive fallacy to bunch everyone into the same 'evil' group. Since everyone is 'obviously' capable of doing evil, we should all be treated as such.

We have allowed our government, supposed civil servants of society, to control our lives while giving us no proof that any masses are causing said destruction. If you are not skeptical, please, by all means, believe what our government (or any government for that matter) tells you without question or inquiry.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]macclearly[/nom]Being from Canada makes me very greatful for a moderate government who hasn't gone completely mad with power since 9/11.[/citation]
I think it's less that they're power mad, and more that the civilians they govern lack common sense. As common sense of the populace go down, the more governments need to regulate to "keep their sheep safe". All this coddling has led to this.

A lot of the freedom that we have lost due to the government have been laid down because of normal people abusing the system in some way or another. People break the law, and then the government needs to make new laws to make the old harder to break. It's true that one rotten apple ruins the whole bunch. Problem is, we've all become this big mess of a massive fungal carpet over here.

I am an American, and I approve this message.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
We should make it mandatory to have IP cameras recording in our house, but don't worry the FBI can't access the video unless they get a warrant. If you're not beating your wife, you have nothing to worry about.

p.s. That was sarcasm. From the previous posts I can tell some of you wouldn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS