FBI Warns: Humans Are a Weak Link in Cyber Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Wikileaks already taught us this. Where has the FBI been? The more people you have running a system the more potential you have for leaks. So lets just keep increasing the size of government till they run everything...

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Here's other obvious statements: my keyboard and mouse are black. They cannot be seen in the dark. They can be used to beat and strangle people. Here's a colourful document to show you how this can be done. *insert money in my wallet*

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
EPIC FAIL... new flash FBI are humans!... thus we CAN NOT trust the FBI... gosh everything is run by human ohhhhh nooooo were doomed!...

where is the intelligence in Federal bureau ?...

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Predators, hackers, business competitors, and foreign state actors troll social networking sites looking for information or people to target for exploitation, the agency says.

Corporate fascists and government shills don't seem to be include this list, including those who may be operating on a Federal level

I'm therefore actually glad that humans are the weak link in what appears to be a very polarized train of thought. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw more stories like this in the run-up to the election, or something more sinister..

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Hi there FBI, I remember reading something similar in Kevin Mitnick's book seven years ago, also hearing similar things from people who are specialized in information systems' security for years before that. Maybe this is new for you guys, but for the rest of the world it is not. Oh by the way I almost forgot, the Earth is not flat and is not carried around on the backs of giant turtle.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Wait a second...isn't this just like "scientists" telling us that eating too much gets us fat...and unhealthy?

The FBI really gave us their Sherlock Holmes work.

In other news today, man made creations for man are usually wrecked by man!

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I would post a comment such as "duh" and "no sh%# Sherlock" like everyone else has regarding the FBI's "warning" but that would just be redundant. Instead I'll say "Congratulations, your tax dollars hard at work!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.