Feds Claim Google Was Aware of Street View Data Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Google is smart enough not to do anything illegal with the information they supposedly don't mine. Google knows more about you than your mother does, but I doubt they would do anything with that information that would get them into serious trouble. Thus why I really don't care about giving large companies information. They don't want to be fined by every government under the sun and then be sued over and over again. You want privacy on the internet, unplug the cord.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]gidgiddonihah[/nom]Google is smart enough not to do anything illegal with the information they supposedly don't mine. Google knows more about you than your mother does, but I doubt they would do anything with that information that would get them into serious trouble. Thus why I really don't care about giving large companies information. They don't want to be fined by every government under the sun and then be sued over and over again. You want privacy on the internet, unplug the cord.[/citation]
i totally agree with you, what the hell could they posibily do with your credit card information? use it to buy something in newegg? this companies have tons of money, they dont need to steal anything from you, they MIGHT use your information to develop a better product based on average costumers needs

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]i totally agree with you, what the hell could they posibily do with your credit card information? use it to buy something in newegg? this companies have tons of money, they dont need to steal anything from you, they MIGHT use your information to develop a better product based on average costumers needs[/citation]

Doesn't mean a rouge employee or a hacker of some description won't buy things with it..

Look at what happened to all of these websites that have been hacked recently and have had credit card data stolen.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]AidanJC[/nom]Doesn't mean a rouge employee or a hacker of some description won't buy things with it.. Look at what happened to all of these websites that have been hacked recently and have had credit card data stolen.[/citation]

If they can hack the large companies, then why bother with my credit card info? They will have access to a lot more dough, plus with that sort of attitude, then we might as well live in a cave without internet or credit cards or computers or any other sort of tech. Companies will always be able to get information pretty easily on the internet, its just the way the internet developed. There is no way around it. There are people who won't trust the internet and always buy from brick and mortar companies (I know a couple of these people) but the reality is even then hackers can get access to your information. Your information is never 100% safe in this world.

G

Google knowingly hacked into private wireless networks to steal private personal data, important excerpt: "Google has long insisted that the data mining was the work of an engineer going loose cannon. According to the FCC, it was in fact the result of a program created with the full knowledge of some senior management."

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"never had any intention of using payload data;"

Seriously, who collects data just for the fun of it ?
They had too much unused drive space they wanted to fill?

They got caught doing something borderline pre-evil and now they are trying to spin themselves out of the mess.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
and as far as the $25,000 'fine' goes; Google prob. spends more on the napkins in the executive dining room.
If you fine 'em, fine 'em so it hurts. Then use the money to buy some school supplies for the less wealthy school districts or feed a bunch of hungry kids; we have got plenty of them !

Status
Not open for further replies.