Feedback on LG's Magic Remote

Ffrankk

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
It's been a couple of days since I received my new tv. As soon as it was delivered I set it up and used it. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time using the remote but I'm not really sure if it's just because I haven't used something like it before or if it's really a flaw of the remote. Anybody who has a similar experience?

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I think it's just a matter of getting used to. In the first few weeks of using my lg smart tv I also struggled using the remote. Although I like the idea of less buttons, I find it over sensitive. Now, after a couple of months of using it, I don't have the same issue anymore because I know how to control it perfectly.

Roy84

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I actually like that it's sensitive. I find it more responsive than our wii controller. I also like the simplicity of the remote. Our old remote has so many buttons but we only use 5 to 6 buttons. It would have been better though if the buttons were glow in the dark.

enddylopez

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I find it convenient. I can't imagine using the old remote we once had with these many apps. If the app you want to use is at the bottom part, you would have to scroll through all the apps that are placed above it before you can finally choose and use it. The magic remote makes it easier because we can just point and click.

britnight

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
If you are familiar with Nintendo Wii-mote, it will be easy peasy for you, but if not, it will take some time. But I promise, once you get the hang of it your life gets so much easier :)

mspear22

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

It didn’t take me long to get used to it maybe because I had been using wii remote. It is really easy to navigate menus on the screen just by moving around the remote towards the TV instead of clicking the arrows however many times it takes. The only thing I don't like about the remote is that it gets out of sync when the point reaches the edge. Sometimes it bugs me a lot.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

This might sound kind of corny but I know the problem you're talking about. But if you play FPS games, and you find yourself realigning the magic motion often, it actualy improves your hand eye coordination for FPS games. I remember when i got my lg tv i used the magic motion remote and after like 3 weeks, my K:D ratio on some FPS games was over 3.0 on average. Even like playing on the computer I played counter strike and average like 4:1 on servers now.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
I don't care if there are several buttons to press as long as they are all useful. Although for the sake of minimalist design, I really appreciate the job that LG did on the magic remote. There are like only 10 buttons.

But I think that is just for LG-only sets. They released Google TV and they come with a hybrid of a QWERTY keyboard and the magic remote with scroll wheel. I haven't tried it though.

DavidWarner

Honorable
May 14, 2012
This one is designed much better than any other remote yet; I like its curve shape. It’s simple to use and have a nice connectivity with TV UI. My friend has LM6200 and I have used her remote several times I never face any hurdle while using it. It’s fantastic in all respect of performance!

wardo101

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
With the magic remote, it was something new to me since no tv that I've ever had came with a pointer type remote, but after using it for couple days I got used to it. I like how the remote is designed very modern and simple. Few clicks and points here and there and get's everything done. Love the magic remote.

britnight

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

I know what you are refering to, but when that happens, I just take out the battery out of remote and put that thing again, and after the setting it works just as fine. I wish it would vibrate when it hits the buttons like the wii-mote does, but I love how it is for now as well.

stackerman4690

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Probably one of the best inventions for Smart TVs. LG did a great job of coming up with the magic remote. It makes operations on the LG Smart TV so much more convenient and simple. Definitely a good invention for all ages.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

britnight, The vibration feature like how the Wii-mote behaves could be an additional feature for the LG magic remote. I like the idea.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

stackerman4690, but have you seen the LG remote for their Google TVs? (G2). I think it's better than the traditional LG magic motion remote because of the QWERTY keypad on the back.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

DavidWarner, does LM6200 have the old or the new remote? 2011 or 2012 version?

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

I agree with you. I saw and tried it and it really is better. The keypad at the back of the remote makes it more convenient to search the tv and use it for browsing.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

The lm6200 is bundled with the new magic remote. It doesn't make any sense to include old remotes with their new tvs models. :) Not all magic remotes are the same though. It depends on the model of the tv. If it has the voice recognition feature then the mic would be on the remote.

jhn_smthh

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I really like the magic remote, it makes the LG Smart TV a lot more convenient to use. I don't think any other major brand Smart TVs have a remote like the magic remote.

richaard_steeven

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Yes off course, it’s bundled with 2012 new smart magic motion remote which was designed with a bit curved shaped down the remote. To be honest with my opinion this remote is just awe-inspiring and much convenient to use with TV smart applications hub.