FFXIII Director Wants To Remake Final Fantasy 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
the game doesn't need to be remade. its timeless. its sounds and grpahics are a part of its charm, and removing those things would take away some if its appeal.

besides, they would no doubt be unable to only change the sound and graphics, probably changing the whole game.

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I still would like to see a remake, even if things are added or dropped. I love the story. As long as the story is the same, or added to(or minor things removed)
I really would not mind.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I would love to see it though. Anyone see advent of Children? It looked amazing there and it would probably be even better. If you like the old one better fine play that one but i'll buy the new one when it (if) comes out.

G

If it's remade it will be banned in the U.S. for inspiring enemy belligerants with its pro-terrorism message.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
True, though all the backgrounds would need to be re-rendered. Unless they have maintained the full backgrounds stored as 3D Models instead of bitmaps hehe

I wonder if they would add voice acting to the mix?

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
If they did make it, it would suck but it would bring in a lot of cash. Maybe Im wrong though, i would like to be. It would be awesome to see a GOOD remake or sequel to an amazing game.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
LoL the only FF I played was on SNES and it was fun, I think I finished it too. So if Sony remakes FF7 it will still be new to me :) Every company should remake their old games for new systems, while still coming out with new and original ones. I wanted to try FFxIII but still have not collected nuff money. It looks good I'll buy it for sure when I can. Long live the fantasy!!!

c_viper

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
even if for some reason the remake didn't do well, we still have the original. I say if they have the time/man power/money to take on such a feat, they by all means they should go for it, I know I'd buy it.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I've played almost all of the Final Fantasy franchise and I found FF4 and FF7 to be the best one. Square while you're at it please remake the Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I'd would like a remake.... but if they try and make it linear like the recent final fantasy games I would be pissed. Also I really like the world map form of traveling to cities - something that all FF games after ff9 no longer have. It was fun to travel the final fantasy globe and look for hidden areas and bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.