FFXIII Director Wants To Remake Final Fantasy 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorio

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Listening back to Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, it really gives me the chills, reminds me of how much I miss those times and the game I spend hours on. It will be interesting to see, do whatever to improve graphics, but leave the score alone hehe

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
If they do remake it, they shouldn't change anything about the game other then enhancing the graphics to FF13's standard and update the audio sound track. Nothing else needs to be changed for that game. Although, I also wouldn't mind a complete revamp of the graphics and sound for FF4 and FF6 as well. ~grin~ Still, you must be completely 150% true to the original game or your going to ruin it.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I would really be happy to see Final Fantasy 7(FFVII) remade, but only if the developer were willing to do it right. While I agree that the graphics and sounds make it the classic that it is, I would really like to see better graphics put to such a strong and engrossing story. That is what made FFVII: The story.

I was playing FFVII on my PSP just today and was thinking that the game would really be awesome with updated graphics. I am not talking about turning Clouds and Barret into some ultra-thin feminine-style characters, but change them from the humorous cartoon-style characters they currently are. Of course, the final battle is still awesome today.

I just have a feeling that we, the gamer, would get hurt in the end. The developer would probably cut awesome portions of the story, or break some of the awesome parts into DLCs. I could see them doing this to the weapons(Emerald and Ruby). Speaking of, does everyone(that played the original) remember how difficult the weapons were to defeat? We have lost such encounters today.

FFVII was, and still is, an awesome game. I just want to see a more modern graphics engine for the game. Seeing Midgar on that first ride on the train would be so awe-inspiring with the graphics of today. Man, talking about this is making me want to stop and go play right now.

I would gladly pay $100 for a regular version of the game to have the full, unchanged story with updated graphics. I would even like to see a continuation of the story, more things to do within the game, and many other options. Make it three Blu-ray dics full of non-stop gaming enjoyment.

Make it the game that so many gamers are dying to play.

bedford10

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Meh, I just wish they would make FF7 the way it was originally intended to make it. A detective story. I think it'd be interesting and fresh. Check out the FF7 wikipedia article for more info.

G

the only FF that might have a chance of a decent remake is FF3 (6 in japan) it had a good story with a large enough cast of characters with good amount of depth that would transition well to a 3D format

i'll even entertain some changes to the story if it meant we get to see more of shadow !!!!!!!

G

[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]remake the Xenogears and Chrono Cross.[/citation]

I'm all for xenogears and chrono trigger. chrono cross was... eh... but good.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Dekasav[/nom]I'm gonna get flamed for this, but, oh well.FF7 lacks in every way to FF6.That's all.[/citation]

And I thought I was the only one. I liked FFVII, Advent Children and such. But FFVI just felt.... better. The story was more compelling, Kefka makes Sepiroth look like a noob.

I would love a FFVII remake but if they did FFVI again I would just die happy. Its just an amazing game that took skill. I remember when I was leveling, even at 80+ certain monsters were hard to bet alone and took skill and strategy.

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
Please Square Enix...remake this. Beautifully rendered and updated Advent Children graphics update is all we need. Plus, Advent Children was made several years ago, you should be able to beat them by now. Nothing more, no new battle system, no story additions or changes, and nothing less, just graphics.

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I'd be all over a Xenogears remake, and a Chrono trigger remake. Especially if they took the time to actually flesh out the story lines that got chopped off in Xenogears, such as the unfinished story with Ramsus. Now if I were to want a FF game remade it would either be Final Fantasy 2(4 in japan), or Final Fantasy III (6 in japan). And thats after having played everything from 1-12 so far. I have FF Origins, Anthology, Chronicles, 7 psone, 8 pc, 9 psone, 10, and tell. Can't count FF XI since it's online only, or actual FF III because it's plain never been released in the US. Unless they considered mystic quest to be FF3. Or the final fantasy legends games on the gameboy.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
If they do remake FF7 I want then to... finish the zones that were left out of the game, add a breeding option for a white Chocobo, fix the annoying bugs, and greatly improve on the Chocobo racing game. Removing the Chocobo Max Speed would be nice also...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
i'll be disappointed if they remake it. more so if they add voice acting.

if they give cloud the whiny american teenager voice that seems so popular with RPG protagonists it will ruin the game for me forever.

sachin007

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
cant u bring CLOUD back to new episode..........

Just like entry of RAIDEN in METAL GEAR SOLID 4.........

iff possible bring it....from time travel........

we misses CLOUD.........:(

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I still remember how f**ked up it was teasing kiddos with the video letting them all think that FFVII remake was actually going to happen. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see it happen and buy it as well for either of my consoles. I don't mind but it really was half sad and half funny the way it affected the fanboys even more.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Dekasav[/nom]I'm gonna get flamed for this, but, oh well.FF7 lacks in every way to FF6.That's all.[/citation]

Won't get flames from most of the OG Final Fantasy Crowd. I agree with you 100%. FF6 and FF4 are my most treasured Final Fantasy games. I think FFVII is boring and overrated.

Of course, I started playing video games in 1983.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Mathos[/nom]I'd be all over a Xenogears remake, and a Chrono trigger remake. Especially if they took the time to actually flesh out the story lines that got chopped off in Xenogears, such as the unfinished story with Ramsus. Now if I were to want a FF game remade it would either be Final Fantasy 2(4 in japan), or Final Fantasy III (6 in japan). And thats after having played everything from 1-12 so far. I have FF Origins, Anthology, Chronicles, 7 psone, 8 pc, 9 psone, 10, and tell. Can't count FF XI since it's online only, or actual FF III because it's plain never been released in the US. Unless they considered mystic quest to be FF3. Or the final fantasy legends games on the gameboy.[/citation]

Yeah, I think that's the general consensus... most of the people who started playing FF on the NES and SNES like either FF4 or FF6 the most.

However, I do understand the extra attachment people may have to their first FF of the franchise. Still, I would rate FFVII near the bottom of the stack. That, and FFXI Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.