FFXIII Director Wants To Remake Final Fantasy 7

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No, they just have to Make XV a 'classic' FF. Do away with the ridiculous Bishie's for characters and go retro with the designs. Focus on Gameplay and Story and not on how Fanservicey the characters are. IX was the last game to have that formula. Sadly, no one likes it because of the disney-like character designs. But seriously, it is the real last 'Final Fantasy' because Sakaguchi directed it.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]midnightlumina[/nom]No, they just have to Make XV a 'classic' FF. Do away with the ridiculous Bishie's for characters and go retro with the designs. Focus on Gameplay and Story and not on how Fanservicey the characters are. IX was the last game to have that formula. Sadly, no one likes it because of the disney-like character designs. But seriously, it is the real last 'Final Fantasy' because Sakaguchi directed it.[/citation]

if they made every final fantasy the same or every final fantasy the way you want it then it the franchise wouldn't have lasted this long.

you want a game that is the same every time they come out with a new one then go play grand theft auto or mega man

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The simplest and safest thing to do would be to make a Final Fantasy VII movie based directly off the game, it would go with Advent children better. That way people could get the story with state of the art visuals.

Hmmm... I should have my original PS disc set around, wonder if its worth anything.

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I haven't played FF6 much - it didn't hook me the way FF7 did, at the very least. However, it was the best 2D-style FF ever, bar none.

FF7 is also the only cartoon-style, 3D game of the series that also had a story. A real one, spanning several books if it were to be written whole. The character development may not be as strong as FF6, but I'll be damned if stuff like Aerith's death didn't break more than a heart (that was a close kerchief-heavy moment, that was).

But it's actually not why it should be the one getting a remake: simply put, the original was buggy as hell, translations were often lacking, the video passages SUCKED: 320x200 in TrueMotion 2.0, and the music requires an AWE32 (good luck getting one without an ISA port) with some RAM installed to work - that's for the PC version.

No, FF7 is the one that would benefit most from a remake: it would make a wonderful, but buggy game, into what it should have been.

If it's any indication, there are several patches out there allowing:
- use of scaled, high-def battle models on the road and city maps
- high-definition: 1280x1024 display
Already, with those two patches, the game becomes far more enjoyable. But they are patches.

G

An old news i must said, but it would be awesome, also a FFVI for de nintendo DS as FFIV and FF3 (the original FF3)

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Ok the best would be if they re-made this. Made bonus dungeons at the end after clearing everything. No doubt if it was re-made like the FF's on GBA and DS, without a doubt some extra content perhaps and side missions THE best game. It had so much to it for PS1, if it were re-made just for the things it had originally, yeah it would be fun, but... still there's so much more they can add like background about the character's pasts etc. Fill in a lot of the gaps that people leave for themselves to fill in. I think that with a lot of thought put into it, it will easily be the best game of the FF series. I personally enjoyed FFIII the best (Kain is my fav [Gogo Dragoons]) but FF7 is amazing nonetheless. Maybe voices could be added, but not squeaky annoying voices PLEASE.

G

Cloud is an obnoxious smirking teenager in this depiction rather than an expressionless anti-hero. I'm not impressed by that at all.

It reminds me of the change in feel from the original Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I still don't get it why FFVII is being considered the best FF game. If the reasons are the first 3D FF and first on PS, then it's so shallow and hollow. Anyway, this is just my opinion. The best FF is VI, imo. The story is good. The character designs are good. The gameplay is good as well! So is the music! VI is "THE" FF game that people should not miss. Enjoy your game.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
If they were to add anything to the story, I think it would be interesting to see an expanded story on Zack. Maybe show a little bit more of the story on the side characters such as Cait Sith's operater.

I enjoyed the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP. Kept the same great storyline. Fixed some of the obvious bugs. Added a few classes and made the bosses harder. i.e. Gave every Zodiac bearer immunity to breaks and various status affects. It was so pitiful to see Wiegraf run around punching me on that first Windmill stage because I broke his sword my first turn.

Blade grasp should be in every game. =D

G

FINAL FANTASY VII has in (my opinion) a better battle system than every other FF game to date even FFVI, the MATERIA system has even been copied by blizzard for Diablo2. And now just about every RPG I play has a socket and gem ability that they can thank FFVII for. I think that SQUARE/ENIX should redesign ALL GRAPHICS!! but leave the main story completely intact, I would not mind an expansion on the story as long as it does not change the main story in any way.

Just thinking about a remake sends chills down my spine :)
OMFG can you guys imagine what the summon animations could look like on the PS3 at 1080p, Oh man I better sit down. If I were SONY I would pay to have this game exclusive on the PS3, it could do the same thing for the PS3 that it did for the PS1, win a console war!!! do we all remember what happened to the N64 because of this game????? That's when you know a game is epic in scale and scope, is when it can determine the winner of a console war...... LONG LIVE FINAL FANTASY 7

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
Somehow I can't see Motomu Toriyama not having the manpower to get this done? I'm sure there are thousand's of developers that would give there right arm to work on a FFVII remake!

clowtrigger

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
No, Sakaguchi Left the FF team, along with it's creativity, nowadays Characters are just bland, with faptastic scenery. Too much style without substance.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The FFIV remake for DS seems to be doing well.
The FFIII remake for DS also seems to be doing well.
The FFIV, V, and VI GBA ports were doing well also.

Why wouldn't a FFVII remake?

clowtrigger

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Because it would only make those fantards who just watched Advent Children and never played the real game at all frustrated with it.Seriously, FFVII used to be a revolutionary game in the PSX, remaking it would only be possible if it would revolutionize the PS3.As in making new forms of gameplay.Refining the Materia system is one of those ways, also utilize what the PS3 is capable of.

Also give it an alternate ending with Aerith alive, that way, there'd be actually reason to play this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.