File download quarantine program?

adina88

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014
Is there anything that will allow me to download files safely to my computer that automatically quarantines them? For example some sites will have you fill out a survey or download a file in order to get stuff. I wont be installing the file, just downloading it, but I would feel alot better knowing that my pc will be safe. Is there any program that will do this? I'm using google chrome so maybe some kind of extension?

the website I'm questioning is epichackers dot com they say they're giving away legal steam keys and one of the downloads is an exe for classic media player. Though I cant really find any information on this site..probably too good to be true but as long as I can safely do it its worth a shot.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Simply downloading a file won't run it. Even if you were to run it, UAC would prevent it from doing any damage outside of your own user profile. Don't run the file, and if you do, don't instinctively press "allow".

On a related note, sites that require you to fill out a survey or install a program to receive something are always scams, always. They will simply lead you in circles.