Final Fantasy 1, 2, Coming to iPhone, iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I would agree that the iPhone is solidified as a gaming platform. BUT, it is a very different kind of experience that should not be compared too closely to the ds or psp. It is aimed very much towards the casual portable gamer.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
To add to my other post, there are a good number of full-featured titles for the iPhone that really give it a competitive edge with the other systems

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Judging by the comment ratings on this article, people don't like the fact that the iPhone is a solid contender in the mobile gaming industry.

Needless to say, FF1/2 on is something to get EXCITED about!

Go ahead haters/fanbois.. rate me down. I won't be checking back at this thread any time soon ;)

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Judging by the comment ratings on this article, people don't like the fact that the iPhone is a solid contender in the mobile gaming industry.Needless to say, FF1/2 on is something to get EXCITED about!Go ahead haters/fanbois.. rate me down. I won't be checking back at this thread any time soon[/citation]

I don't see any bad comment ratings...

Anyways I'm quite happy with the gaming capabilities of my iPod touch. It isn't my main platform because I have xbox and pc for that, but there are plenty of casual titles that I can enjoy without having to break the bank. But like I said before, it's a much different experience than the ds or psp. Some of those differences make the iPod/iPhone superior to psp/ds while others differences make the iPod/iPhone inferior. That's really the best way I can put it

ardisian

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
You can already do this with Android of course, I play the original FF1 on my Archos IT. The ipood should just kick the bucket already for it's un-originality at this point.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ardisian[/nom]You can already do this with Android of course, I play the original FF1 on my Archos IT. The ipood should just kick the bucket already for it's un-originality at this point.[/citation]

Haha because EVERYONE recognizes the Archos as a valid gaming platform right? sorry to say, but your archos will "kick the bucket" long before the ipod ever does. Now I could care less about every other product made by apple, but the word ipod has come to symbolize the phrase "personal media player" in just about every aspect.

Your Archos is probably a very cool machine, packed with all kinds of nifty features. But for some reason or another, media players can never seem to knock the ipod off the top. I would LOVE to use a media player made by a company other than apple, but my experience with other brands have always made me wanting to spend the extra dime for the name "ipod".

At it's price point I just don't think there is a better machine out there. I was very interested in the Zune HD for a while, but the one thing that makes all the difference for apple is the app store and the large selection of games. I would have loved a Tegra powered device playing games, but the games just weren't there.

You can crack on the ipod for being "unoriginal" all you want. I won't agree with you wholeheartedly. But you cannot deny that the ipod must have something right to warrant its success.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
.... That screenshot is from the PSP version of the game.

Anyway, the biggest problem in the iPhone for me is it's purely touch screen driven. That makes even playing something as simple as Super Mario Brothers a chore....

As for FF on the iPhone, good luck to them, they saw the opportunity. They will get their moolahs worth. :)

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
lol um yeah I've had this on my G1 via snesoid for a while now... thanks for catching up, but seriously I think Apple forces its game developer companies to only publish games for iphone/touch and not droid which is a bitch move...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]This is the first thing that actually makes me sad of not owning an iPhone/Touch. Well, even then, sad is a big word...[/citation]
I agree and just started FF XII (My favourite) on my PS2. After beating Dragon Age twice (good game) and going back to FF XII I must say FF XII is better. Not with graphics but overall it is better. Much longer game too. The Gambits system in FF XII rocks and I hope Square Enix keeps them in for FF XIII.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]c0r3f1ght3r[/nom]lol um yeah I've had this on my G1 via snesoid for a while now... thanks for catching up, but seriously I think Apple forces its game developer companies to only publish games for iphone/touch and not droid which is a bitch move...[/citation]

So let me get this straight...

There are over 100,000 apps on the app store, with probably around 20,000 of those being games. There are NES, SNES, C64, emulators as well as others that have already been created for the iphone/ipod. A Sega Genesis emulator will be out very soon to purchase, and it is very well known that a N64 emulator has been in development for a while now (probably soon to be released). And yet, somehow you are moronic enough to suggest that the iphone/ipod is "catching up" to your G1? I think you should rethink who is the one doing all of the "catching up".

I can't tell if you are trolling or just too dumb for your own good. Now, about Apple controlling the game devs... Your are probably somewhat right, but also very wrong. Ask yourself how many ipod touches and iphones are in the market. Then ask yourself how many Droid phones are in the public market. I am pretty sure you will find that the former is a MUCH MUCH greater number. So where will the game devs invest their money I wonder??? Of course they are going to create games for the platform where they can make the most money. That's simple enough for you to understand isn't it? It's not a "bitch" move, it's simple economics.

Now stop being a whiny little "bitch".

reaver11

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
2 questions: Will the two be available seperately from each other, or in a single app, similar to the PS1 and GBA versions? And what extra content/dungeons from the previous versions will it contain? Regardless, this set will likely be the 4th time I've bought these games. They just better hope it gets released after Zenonia II, and not around it, or these will have to wait.

[citation][nom]stridervm[/nom].... That screenshot is from the PSP version of the game.Anyway, the biggest problem in the iPhone for me is it's purely touch screen driven. That makes even playing something as simple as Super Mario Brothers a chore....As for FF on the iPhone, good luck to them, they saw the opportunity. They will get their moolahs worth.[/citation]

I do believe that that is one of the few images they released of the iPod version. The battle UI on the PSP was different than that.

http://rpgfan.com/news/2010/29.html

There's a couple of screens for both games posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.