Firefox for Android Now Supports ARMv6 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mi1ez

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
I use what seems like every android browser out there for different things. Wish I could find one that just worked!

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Ill agree with mi1ez on this. Coming from iOS to Android, I found everything to be not quite as polished. Even certain browsers work better for different tasks. Saying that, I do love my Note 2.

ltdementhial

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
My old GT540 runing ARMv6 VFP and Android 2.3.7. im currently runing the stock browser since a moder added support for flash 11...thats pretty impresive for a cellphone with an adreno 200 and "180" mb of ram...one of the first phone to have an actual CM10-AOKP rom...and we don0t have CM support of any kind but the LG P500 (exact same hardware just a little more ram)

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Given that 55-percent of the 133 million Android phones out there run on the ARMv6 architecture, there are a lot of new people to whom we can introduce the open Web," Mozilla said.

Given that roughly half of the nearly 500 million Android phones in use today run on ARMv6 architecture,

This is contradictory, but since there has been over 500 million activations I guess the second senetence is the correct one.

Wonder what the first one was about? Something quoted a couple of years ago?

Anyway, about 50% of all android phones running on ARMv6 is chocking!
No wonder the vast majority still run on Android versions up to Gingerbread in statistics, since so many use dead-cheap crappy phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.