Firefox Will Be More "Social" Soon, Mozilla Says

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I hope not. I've had enough of "social" bullshit in my applications....

G

No, thanks. I don't want any FB functionalities. If you insist on adding shit make it optional.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]And it crashes with the latest nVidia drivers :-|[/citation]
Because of the nVidia drivers, don't put the blame where it is just because you don't like a certain product.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Yuck. I might have to figure out if I want to deal with Mozilla's social network, Google's spying, or might even go to Internet Explorer 9

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
That work has progressed steadily and we are now figuring out how this will feel for Firefox users," he said.

It'll feel like you're kitchen-sinking the browser - bloatware and interface clutter.

The browser is not yet playing a significant role in enabling the social experience

That's not a problem. Browsers show web pages. Let them do that job exceedingly well. Let the web pages do "social".

mas

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Thus far the primary 'advancements' in Firefox have been an increase in the breaking and displaying of multiple additional email and communications sites such as Yahoo.

Many of us not only do NOT want increased integration, overhead and security hassles of tight integration toe the social network, but will demand an opt in rather than an opt out feature whereby we can LIMIT such integration without FURTHER crippled performance.

With each release, Firefox drops further and further on my list of must have software as it increasingly chases trendy features adored by the tweeting "what is Bieber wearing crowd", than they do in developing a truly useful and functional tool.

In fact, they would do well to make the browser a front for an updated personal/project management utility similar to what InControl was for the Mac in the early 90's - an elegant hyper-linked outliner, planer, database, scheduler, project item (with descrition, lionks, dates, contacts, financial link, etc.) task/finance/contact/notes linked and a user configurable tool able to be configured with different views based upon the application and use. One that will allow one to keep track of any project and to drill down and to view, annotate and keep up with any and all developments in the life of a project - not just some asinine Gant chart suitable for some conceptual meeting.

In all, it seems to continue moving further and further toward the 14 year old market and further from the professional market.

mas

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
How about simply making the Bookmarks more easily editable and allowing full page expanded hierarchical views where organization is simply a matter of select and drag???????????????

With each release it seems to be copying the asinine 2" x2" IE favorites editing clusterfluck.

G

Errr.. because the facebook.com/twitter/myspace website in my browser is insufficiently social o it's own...

Please don't 'jump the shark' Mozilla. Firefox is the best browser, the recently released Firefox for Android is now the best Android browser, FFS please don't go and ruin it all.

xympa

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
How about making it faster? And crash-free? And less of a resource hog? This is why Chrome is winning the fight...

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
AFAIK, it will be a separate stuff.
As you can refuse to install the things requested to auto-update, you can refuse to have this social integration too.

G

I think the idiots behind Firefox are actually trying to lose their customer base. How about "reducing" the features and just releasing a simplified browser *cough* like firefox 3.6 *cough* that the public actually wants?

This is exactly the reason why I switched from Firefox to SeaMonkey after 3.6.28, I get a simple looking web browser that doesn't bug me constantly to upgrade to the lastest and greatest version and break my plug-ins. And I love it!

phraun

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Mozilla, there's a reason Google is running away with your market share, and it doesn't have one god damned thing to do with social integration.

Who the hell is making these decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.