First Person Tetris is Dizzying but Awesome

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
First try I managed to get to the green level before I got tired of it, didn't bother looking at the points lol Its off a bit on the NES version it would get faster and faster until almost no human could keep up (I remember getting pretty good at it) Good times, and I still think the Nintendo version was better then the Tengen version lol

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
... Dunno what's wrong with you people. It's a little dizzying, but nauseating? Not in the slightest. Interesting little twist, makes it a tad harder than normal tetris. But it certainly doesn't make me sick.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I didn't find it dizzying in the slightest...?

Got 1560 points then go bored... and just kept holding down (or left, rather). Tried nightmode and got like 1300 before losing. Only major annoyance for me going from day to night is that you lose the "next piece" box.

Also, that isn't first person, but a rotating 3rd person. First person would be from the perspective of the block... which would be crazy-hard.

mlauzon76

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
[citation][nom]mlauzon76[/nom]This is nothing new, I remember a first person Tetris game for the Amiga back in the '80s![/citation]

Forgot to mention, it wasn't exactly like this, but it was still first person!

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
i loved it!!!! best tetris ever! made it to level 3 first time through. stupid L pieces are hard to figure out though

G

A little like the game tetripz that got released in the nineties

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I don't know about Tetris but that Toshiba monitor surely looks awesome, even photographed you still can see a perfect picture

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
if your to worried about becoming dizzy. i would suggest night mode. more challenging (for some reason i did better) but a lot more easy on the eyes

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]I did not feel sick or anything, but those controls suck.[/citation]
Actually, I agree. I thought this was going to be FIRST PERSON, not third person. Slamming face into the ground for the loss. Also, If you think this is bad, go play some AvP as the alien. A couple minutes of that and this is pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.