First Person Tetris is Dizzying but Awesome

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Quite an interesting twist on an old classic (no pun intended.) I was able to play it almost as well as the original. The trick is to look at the piece, look at where you want it to go, rotate as necessary (you don't really even need to look at the screen during the rotation,) then drop it. I'll have to shoot for some high scores later ;)

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Mr_Man[/nom]Hm, this looks innocent enouOH MY GOSH IT TURNS!![/citation]
Gotta quote you Mr_Man, so to give you a 21 up score...

This must have been everyone's reaction!!!

Not sickening though, a bit confusing at first...

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Night mode actually helps. Removes clutter and less perception of spinning, more ability to focus. Quite easy to adapt to if spacial perception is your strongest suit. I actually found it harder to adapt to using the arrow keys and enter and space for input than anything else about it.

G

2720 on Night Mode. Level 3, 32 lines.
granted, that was my third time trying night mode, 4th attempt at the game.

G

2720 on Night Mode. Level 3, 32 lines.
granted, that was my third time trying night mode, 4th attempt at the game.

wardencl

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]First try I managed to get to the green level before I got tired of it, didn't bother looking at the points lol Its off a bit on the NES version it would get faster and faster until almost no human could keep up (I remember getting pretty good at it) Good times, and I still think the Nintendo version was better then the Tengen version lol[/citation]
Totally agree with you. The NES version was simple and furiously fast.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Wow, I never really liked tetris before, but that's awesome.
[citation][nom]Jane[/nom]Get it now before someone gets sued.[/citation]Ha. That comment made my day. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.