Fix Arrives for Banned Xbox 360 Consoles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Or you could just, you know, BUY a new 360 and BUY the games. Hell, get 'em used after a month or two and save some money.

Geez.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
" requires the user to have access to the CPU key of a second, un-modded Xbox 360 console"

lol, now they are gonna get the innocent friend's xbox banned as well!

G

I have a brand new XBOX360, to replace the one with the' red ring of death'.
I took my old HD, added it and now the console is 'banned'.
The console was brand new, shrink wrapped, et all. The HD came from the old unit.
Nothing I have is hacked, or questionable yet I got caught in the latest banning sweep.

Any other unaltered boxes having this problem?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
M$ lose money for each Xbox they sell, just buy a new console and hack it again. Dont ever buy a single game for it. We need to kill the console market altogether!

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I doubt they are still losing money on that old ass technology hell they sell quad core computers for 500 computers all the time. Someone just needs to hack their way into Microsoft key vault authentication server and steal all their keys or find a way to generate + test them.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]M$ lose money for each Xbox they sell, just buy a new console and hack it again. Dont ever buy a single game for it. We need to kill the console market altogether![/citation]

LOL yea and a few months down the road that console will get banned to because xbox 360 owners are just too dumb to figure out that it is common sense not to hook a modded console up to the internet. its like carrying a shotgun into a police station

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
so u have to have a modded and unmodded xboxs. Also u can't use a friend's CPU key, cuz of course u want to play online with them. It just means u can play pirated discs that's all. Modded xboxs should stay offline.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]And what happens when Microsoft see's the same CPU key being played by two different consoles?I wouldn't really call this a "fix."[/citation]
Both xboxs gets banned again, if the keys are read together online and get red flagged.

G

EPIC FAIL. Get your information straight Kevin Parrish, you are talking about two different things as one.

G

No problem with them banning the console but the inability to move a HD between banned and unbanned units and collect the achievements for the offline games really stinks. Plus I used to be able to play downloaded games (like Magic the Gathering) in 1 player mode offline, this is also no longer possible.

G

were the ones that are doing it and making them loose money so lets just calm down know becasue we are the wons who are doing wrong.

G

I think the whole problem is we pay 300 and 400 for these game consoles then we turn around and pay 60 a game then they come out with add ons which are 800 microsoft points equvalent to like 13 dollars a piece and ms is mad at us for figuring away around all this money bs if they would lower prices none of this shit would even matter

G

when Xbox 360 starts losing money from the million plus that got banned then they will feel it.the only reason they banned ppl in the first place was activision ppl need to start reading and getting the facts str8 b 4 they post some bs.the dumbies who played mdwarfare 2 b4 it got released are to blame they where told b4 it came out not to push there luck but no they don't listen.think about this it it was out b4 it was released then someone leaked a real copy then posted it up on the diff sites. so who is to blame stop pointing fingers times are hard and ppl are saving money on flahed 360's can u afford 60 a game be real not everyone parents are buyin there games some of u make me sick.for us who understand u know already and one more thing ppl who did'nt have flashed 360'd ur not safe either i know a hand full of ppl who got banned that play real games all the time. so if u think your safe your not. micro soft is trying to get everyone to buy new 360's ppl open ur eyes thats the real reason.if u don't believe me do your research sales have dropped.

G

If you are one of the poor people who thought they bought a new Xbox 360 and went to play online and got banned I feel sorry for you. I know of people with banned 360's going to Walmart and Kmart and buying new systems and swapping cases and retuning them. If you buy a "new" 360 from one of those places you should ask to open it and check the seal behind the faceplate. For the people who own modded 360 you knew this was coming so don't be mad.

G

All this talk of banned xbox live 360's. LET'S THINK OUT OF THE BOX - instead of trying to find a work around to get back on live. Why not figure out a way to just use the internet capabilities of the 360 hardware and just connect to the web and start our OWN banned community where all banned consoles could easily access and play one another directly WITHOUT MICROTHUGS? What do we need?

G

£40 a go here in UK to Connect to Xbox live. PS3 - FREE - How many banned boxes in the UK alone?

How many millions has M$ lost in Xbox live subscriptions now due to the bans and driving people over to rival companies.

Sounds like M$ has shoved a cucumber up its own arse here!!!!

G

i would just call microsoft and say someone borrowed my xbox and it wont go on xbox live anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.