Fix Arrives for Banned Xbox 360 Consoles

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK. What's the worst that can happen if my Xbox 360 gets banned? I can't play online anymore? Who cares! I always play alone and am not interested in playing Halo 3 against the whole world. I don't give a damn. I'm modifying my console today and I know I'll be banned if I connect to Xbox Live, but for that I'd have to set up an account -wicH I'm not gonna do, by the way - and the only reson for me to hook up to a router is to use Windows Media Center. About updates and game plugins or expansions... they sell them for around $3 or $4 along with all the updates and necessary patches. So why the hell do I need XBOX Live for?

G

I have a xbox 360 with 3 red rings i am told needs a new mother board sitting on the shelf can I use the cpu from this to fix the banned unit?

ryanmc

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Could I take the hard drive from my good 360 and put it in a banned 360, play some games offline (get achievements), and then put it back into the good 360?

leppardpuebla

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Is it possible to have one NEW unbanned Xbox and only SWAP the DVD readers and make the Banned Console to run once again on live, even if the Other console (the original Unbanned console) is unable to run on live???

G

@leppardpuebla: read the comments left by the other user's, better still go do some reading elsewhere, but here it is again as you seem to have no idea what is going on or how this could work... NO

"I have a xbox 360 with 3 red rings i am told needs a new mother board sitting on the shelf can I use the cpu from this to fix the banned unit?"

Yes but first you need to get rid of the rrod long enough to run the programs after modding the console to extract your cpu key, dump the nand, extract your kv, do much the same on the banned console but in reverse. but if either console has kernel 8xxx on it you're out of luck.

G

mine got banned from swaping the bad dvd for a good won from a rrod system...i didn't know they needed to be flashed at the time.
then i swaped the boards in the dvd rom now it works fine but still banned! that stinks

G

Interesting how so many people become puppets to the person who sells them the illusion of greatness, and they eagerly feed at the trough like pigs, all the while making the supplier rich, and innocent people out for a fair game offend for what? Money, greed, self indulgence, and ego.......and you wonder what's wrong with america, where doing the right thing was honorable and to be respected, but obviously if you don't practice being respectful of others, and your life will be what it is, empty.........and cheating at a game is your fix..........pathetic addicts. Don't complain when your wife or girl friend cheats on you, they're only enjoying their MODDED BOX and fair is fair.

G

hi sir my xbox360 is banned 2009 11 3 my is killtutyfyty pls open my xbox360 banned pls my cute microsoft open my xbox360 banned

G

My son's console is showing as "banned". He is 12 years old and I buy all his games. It has never left this house, nor anybody else used it. I have checked the seal and it is still intact!! I am very angry, surely there is some form of redress with Microsoft?? Help please..

G

Your all crazy! if the back up games your playing when online is stealth patched, youll never get banned in the first place. Theres alot more folk cleverer than MS out there trust me. I go online every day and my console has IEtreme LT3.0 on it. You wanna pay 40quid for 1 game then your a mug!. I burn them myself for cost of a Verbatim.

Status
Not open for further replies.