Fix Your iPhone 4 Reception Woes for a Dollar

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Wow, sounds a LOT like Microsoft OS + Anti-virus + anti-spyware + partition magic + Norton + all the other bull**** software you need just to keep Windows from rotting into the ground.[/citation]
Except AV from MS=free, antispyware=free (last I checked), Partition software=built in, Norton=are you out of your freaking mind? use Norton and complain about the system slowing down, morons.
MS makes no money adding in flaws since the ones they do make programs for they give out FOR FREE!

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eloric[/nom]Hey, why not just go straight to the source to get your Lance Armstrong wristbands: http://www.store-laf.org/[/citation]
yeah, cept if they cited it, it could go awry.
but still, nice find by Tom's

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Wotan. Please stop just believing the hype all you need to do is. Have decent passwords, Use firewalls (free) and wireless encryption (free) and don't open unknown files. Simple. After many years of windows use i have never had a virus.

These steps everyone should follow on ALL OSs. Not just windows. Security is in your own hands (esp not Nortons!)

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]With Windows I'm certain it's just the fact they cater to all audiences, and MUST maintain about 20 years of backwards compatibility. The evolutionary design of Windows has lead it to have it's faults.As for the things you say we have to buy; I got it all for free, I don't even need any of it.[/citation]

Same here. The only thing I have is Security Essentials which is free and it works just as well as norton or mcafee and it doesn't bombard me with messages like those two do.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]Have fun with your overpriced downsyndrome mac proructs lolol.[/citation]

That's an insult to people with Down's Syndrome. If you called Corky a Mac user he'd probably kick your butt. :)

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i'd gladly pay triple the price(for cancer research) for this fix rather than buy from a company that sells everything at a price that only jobs ego is higher

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is the reason i will not purchase another apple product again. wtf is apple doing? they should give away the buper for free, it's not like they cat $30 to manufacture, are they made of some special material? someone needs to sue these greedy phucks

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
not to sound like a conspiracy theorist; but does anybody else find it odd apple had the bumpers already made and in such high supply... granted maybe they were just meant to protect the phone... but still fixes the problem and already produced in mass amounts... maybe they knew and banked on people spending 30 bucks for a solution to milk customers out of more money?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I actually don't get the bumper thing at all, honestly. I was looking at some display iPhone4s the other day in AT&T, chatting with the folks there about the new iPhone, and their thoughts about the Galaxy S, and so on... and I noticed that several of their iPhone4s already had significant scratching just from being on display...

I was pretty shocked, honestly, that they would release a product with easily scratch-able panels on both sides, and then offer a "bumper" band case as the solution to protect it. Completely insane.

The antenna thing was just an accident... but the ridiculous case design... yeah, they did that one on purpose.... But, of course, the Fanboys think its "pretty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS