Solved! Fixing A Fujitsu Plasmavision

Sep 2, 2020
I have a 50 inch fujitsu plasmavision, model P50XTA51US and the screen on the HDMI input is all scrambled. Anyone know how to go about diagnosing/fixing something like this?

Solution
Unfortunately boards for your, still excellent, TV are not readily available and repair at the board level will require a tech that is familiar with Fujitsu TVs. Hard to find and likely to be very expensive.
Since your TV is only 720p I think it makes more sense to replace it.
An OLED will give you comparable quality where plasma shines and be much much much better where it is flawed. Right now I like Sony.
Unfortunately boards for your, still excellent, TV are not readily available and repair at the board level will require a tech that is familiar with Fujitsu TVs. Hard to find and likely to be very expensive.
Since your TV is only 720p I think it makes more sense to replace it.
An OLED will give you comparable quality where plasma shines and be much much much better where it is flawed. Right now I like Sony.

Solution
Sep 2, 2020
Damn. The tv belonged to a friend who died recently and another friend moved into a new place and doesnt have a tv. Figured id take a shot at fixing it for her. I a few boards for it on eBay but im not aure exactly which ones it needs.

When i watched a diagnostic video the guy in the video mentioned such and such a board for horizontal lines, and such and such a board for vertical lines of which it has a bit of both going on.

None of the boards im seeing on eBay seem to be called anything close to what the guy in the diagnostic video said. I'll do some more research and give geek squad a call and see if they can just do the diagnostics and if I can find the boards I'll replace them myself. Thanks for the advice mangs!