Flash, Video Conferencing Coming to the iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Steve Job's is a fucking idiot.

in order to have video conferencing.

WOULDN'T YOU NEED THE CAMERA ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE TOUCHSCREEN???????!!!!!!!!

move over Iphone.....I have my heart set on the palm PRE!!!!!

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Did you miss the part where he said it would probably be part of the next iPhone iteration? Of course there would be the need to have a camera on the front side, I am pretty sure Steve Jobs knows that, he is not and idiot by any means. Wether or not you have a thing for or against apple, Steve Jobs knows what he is doing, and no I am not a fanboy. I use both macs and PC's alike. Macs do some things better, and PC's do other things better.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
PROBABLY (coming from an editor and NOT apple) that's why i fired off!

iphone does not even have cut and paste (what kind of bullshit is THAT!)....heck even my Palm Centro can multitask....can the iphone stream internet radio to your car stereo via blue tooth???? my Centro can cut and paste with no problems....and i PREFER a keyboard as a backup.

the palm pre is THE next best phone.....

Stevey boy needs an editor to wipe his ass for him by saying "However, the feature would likely....."

DAMN!

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Yes, coming from the editor, he doesn't know how steve jobs is going to make it all work, but Steve isn't so stupid as to try to sell something like that with the camera on the back, if he made decisions like that he wouldn't be where he is today. Yes, the cut and paste missing is kind of lame and I do find myself missing that, and I hope they add it. Like I said apple doesn't do everything perfectly. However, with that said, apple is very conscious of design, and missing such an obvious one like you were yelling up above is just so far out of the question its ridiculous. You are welcome to prefer what you want, I don't care, The Palm Pre is probably going to be an awesome phone, and I hope it is because competition is what drives great product creation.

And to your last statement. Who said that Steve has to come out and say exactly how they are going to implement it, and I am pretty sure that Steve has made no announcement about it considering that the only way the information got to us here is because of the patent for it that apple has, which is publicly available. So in short, Steve had nothing to do with this information getting out, so how does the editor making that most likely correct observation to a small piece of dug up information relate to Steve since he has made no announcement of any kind.

Long story short, take a chill pill, if you don't like the iPhone, don't buy it.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Flash is very low on the list of things I want for my current iPhone. The CPU and GPU are too slow for flash. When the next generation comes out I am sure the speed will be doubled or more and Adobe will have flash ready but until then there are MANY more software related problems Apple needs to be working on to fix the current iPhone.

I would welcome a more powerful phone but Apple doesn't just randomly release products. They build this ridiculous hype, have a conference, overplay the features, and fill the airwaves with new commercials. None of this has happened and there was no mention at Macworld. There will be no new iPhone in 2009.

roynaldi

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
danimal_the_animal--
You are so totally awesome for slamming Steve Jobs on a comments section of an opinion article that merely mentions patents that don't even specifically apply to the iPhone or Apple. Awesome.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]PROBABLY (coming from an editor and NOT apple) that's why i fired off!iphone does not even have cut and paste (what kind of bullshit is THAT!)....heck even my Palm Centro can multitask....can the iphone stream internet radio to your car stereo via blue tooth???? my Centro can cut and paste with no problems....and i PREFER a keyboard as a backup.the palm pre is THE next best phone.....Stevey boy needs an editor to wipe his ass for him by saying "However, the feature would likely....."DAMN![/citation]

I agree with your one statement. Compared to the iPhone, the Pre is the next best phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.