Flash Video problem with browser

nekulturny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
The past day or so, I've been having a problem with my video playback on youtube and other sites that use adobe flash player. I have had my 7870 installed for about a week and a half, and have had no problems with it, but for some reason there is a problem occurring now.

Whenever I try to play a video, the playback is just a dark green screen. Firefox version is the recent 16.0.1 update, I thought this might be the problem, but I tried in Internet explorer and the same issue. Although with firefox, I can click to a different position on the time selection slider bar and the video will play normal. It remains green with Internet Exploder.. err Explorer. I googled the problem and found some threads, yes, Hardware Acceleration is enabled, and always has been. Yes, I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. AMD autodetect program says I have the latest drivers for the 7870 (and that hasn't been updated since the card was installed to my knowledge). Like I said, I dunno whats going on. I've eliminated anything I can think of as a possible cause.

I have scanned for Malware. I have no issues playing video files saved on my harddrive with VLC media player, no issues with games. Battlefield Play4free and Skyrim both work fine. My big monitor is connected via HDMI if that matters, I also have a second VGA monitor hooked up via DVI adapter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

nekulturny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Update: I DISABLED hardware acceleration and the problem appears to have ceased, but why this is an issue all of a sudden when it has always been on this setting is a mystery to me.