Forceful run of Bluetooth without official driver

rounakdatta

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
I have a laptop running Windows 8.1 and the bluetooth driver provided by Broadcomm won't work anyhow. But the driver works fine for Windows 7. Is there any serious tweak by which I can run bluetooth on my laptop? Is there any unofficial driver?

Model: LATITUDE E6400

Note: The driver cannot be run even in compatibility mode.

Solution
Press [Win] and [ r ] and type appwiz.cpl in the run box and press enter. Uninstall any programs related to the Bluetooth.

Press [Win] and [ r ] and type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press enter. Right click any device under Bluetooth radio and select uninstall. In addition see if there is any mention of Bluetooth Devices under Network adapters and likewise right click and select uninstall.

Restart your computer and see if it installs through plug and play. Many Drivers are already in Windows 8.

However, there was no official compatibility for Windows 8.1 for that model of Dell so it's possible that there isn't a workaround or available driver
that will function as it is supposed to.

Press [Win] and [ r ] and type appwiz.cpl in the run box and press enter. Uninstall any programs related to the Bluetooth.

Press [Win] and [ r ] and type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press enter. Right click any device under Bluetooth radio and select uninstall. In addition see if there is any mention of Bluetooth Devices under Network adapters and likewise right click and select uninstall.

Restart your computer and see if it installs through plug and play. Many Drivers are already in Windows 8.

However, there was no official compatibility for Windows 8.1 for that model of Dell so it's possible that there isn't a workaround or available driver
that will function as it is supposed to.

Solution