Forget the Steam Deck — I would get this $99 accessory instead

Jul 5, 2023
Misleading article with a massive false equivalence. Comparing an actual portable PC with something that connects to a phone and allows for streaming isn’t the same thing. Even if you use installed games, you’re limited to Android or iOS apps.

It’s misleading to make such a sweeping and false statement.

Jul 5, 2023
Yea, I've looked into these. I travel lot out of state for weekends for my son's lacrosse touraments and we have a switch, but often he wants to use relaxing before bed.

I have looked at these, contemplated getting a OLED switch, but it's 7 year old hardware in terms of inards, steam deck and ROG ALLY.

Actually purchased the ROG but ultimately cancelled it.

I don't know what to do. I have no investment in Steam. I am Game Pass ultimate. I haven't liked the cloud experience even on my Acer themed gaming Chromebook, didn't get it for gaming LoL.

With the steam deck sale thinking that and still have hundreds unspent.so buy some games.

That or the OLED switch. Can't decide. I'm playing new Zelda, Metroid dread and want the prime remaster so that has the OLED very enticing

And in terms of game pass cloud I was trying it on my home 1gb down internet, so have little hope it would work out in a hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2023
Toms Guides have been getting ridiculous lately. Now they are suggesting to play FPS online multiplayer games using cloud. Okay, fellow gamer!

Something needs to save this site.

Reactions: Jbrodack
Jul 6, 2023
Misleading article with a massive false equivalence. Comparing an actual portable PC with something that connects to a phone and allows for streaming isn’t the same thing. Even if you use installed games, you’re limited to Android or iOS apps.

It’s misleading to make such a sweeping and false statement.
Let's hop onto Halo Infinite and play some multiplayer using cloud streaming services. How can this be a bigger joke?

LkXIII

Commendable
Jul 24, 2021
Logged in just to say.. what a stupid comparison. What happened? This was once a great site. Or maybe it's just this one author.

Jul 6, 2023
This must be a paid advertisement for Razer otherwise it's just completely dumb and worthless. I have a good phone but I'd rather do my gaming on a gaming device and not dealing with cloud gaming issues.

Jul 14, 2023
I have a similar device to this and a Steam Deck. Only a salesperson woukd think that there is any direct comparison between the two. Your phone has Diablo Immortal and your Steam Deck has Diablo IV. There is no comparison between the two. Heck, even the Nintendo Switch can run Diablo 3 nicely.